Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.

I originally posted this my Welcome Yourself Thread, but thought this might be a better place to share it. As mentioned in the other thread, I pretend to write in my spare time, and the ST (owned since 10/13) has reintroduced me to the Sunday Drive. So, I am doing a series on Sunday Driving. To me, the ST is the car to do it in; economical or fast when you want it to be; not too harsh for our not so smooth roads. It is not a GT car, but I drive long distances frequently and it is a very nice place to sit. I will incorporate some feedback about the car as well but I am sure the folks with higher mileage vehicles can already add a thing or two. Moreover, I think folks in this region will have easier access to these locations if not already use them already. Feel free to check out:

The Rock Forest: Sunday Driver

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0p0vqUzJ0gn3oefw2r9IwWAVGHGADxH7

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1379628158947405

Check out our Facebook group, we have done a couple Sunday cruises
Will do.

Crooked Letta said:
I love the blog, next time you drive RT2 try hooking up to RT100 and travel all the way up Vermont well worth it
Thank you. Absolutely. I will be doing all of the New England states. I will be putting it through its paces with all the mileage, but hey, cars are meant to be driven. Tomorrow I will be making another trek to NH and the grand Kancamagus Highway. Turn around for posting vids/articles is usually same day. VT is on the docket, but it may have to wait until after the 24 hours of LeMans.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a pleasant day using up the sticky rubber. Ergonomics feedback on the ST. I like the steering wheel quite a lot, but I find that I hold it pretty tightly and consquently get some hand cramping. I have to constantly think about a light grip. I have used a wheel cover tightly fastened and wrapped with tape for about a month and have less cramping. Asethically not OME quality but works for me. Anyone else have similar experiences. I know some folks dont like the seats and headrest.

Oh yeah, for those interested: The Rock Forest: Sunday Driver: Kancamagus Highway

·
Registered
359 Posts
Over some time I learned with the ST a death grip is not required, the steering is pretty light and I trust it. Sometimes I mountain carve with one hand lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Over some time I learned with the ST a death grip is not required, the steering is pretty light and I trust it. Sometimes I mountain carve with one hand lol.
Yeah. I have taken that to heart. Seems to be less of a problem for me now.

I am watching the 24 hours of LeMans and had a few hours to kill before the race. So, I enjoyed an early "Sunday drive" on the newly dubbed Quinobequin Circuit.

The Rock Forest: Sunday Driver: Quinobequin Circuit

What are folks experience with road bumps and eventual squeaks and rattles. I find myself damning some of the road surfaces in the city.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
359 Posts
Just finished the blog and watched the video. It has been way too long since I have done the run and never in the Focus. I am going to try to get up there atleast once this year and great work on the blog it truly reminds me of why I love living around here and how driving a couple of hours escapes you from the madness of the city. I will say RT100 is a huge Foliage RT so it can get busy in the fall, so it is best in late spring early summer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just finished the blog and watched the video. It has been way too long since I have done the run and never in the Focus. I am going to try to get up there atleast once this year and great work on the blog it truly reminds me of why I love living around here and how driving a couple of hours escapes you from the madness of the city. I will say RT100 is a huge Foliage RT so it can get busy in the fall, so it is best in late spring early summer.
I agree. Nothing seems too far away. I definitely want to avoid foliage season if my primary reason for being on the roads is not looking at leaves. Definitely making return trips up.

·
Registered
359 Posts
My boss took his corvette to upper state NY and said he drove some really good roads. I will try and get what RT's he took and let you know. He said they made RT2 look like RT3 lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My boss took his corvette to upper state NY and said he drove some really good roads. I will try and get what RT's he took and let you know. He said they made RT2 look like RT3 lol.
Sweet, definitely let me know as I am game. Going past MA RT2 into NY RT2 is actually not to bad. The road basically leads into Albany via Troy. I did this on Memorial Day weekend. I just took a drive down to Little Compton, RI. (Sakonnet Point). Plenty of fishing going on bright and early. The road, not too bad...more scenic than anything.

The Rock Forest: Sunday Driver: Rhode Island 77

·
Registered
359 Posts
I did a little drive up to my house in Tuftonboro NH. My girlfirend and I went to North Conway for a nice train road throught the mountains. I drove the Kanc on my way back it was nice but OMG so much traffic. There are so many nice roads around there, if you know where your going and can really hustle.

My boss said he was up by lake placid in NY and was on RT87 and a lot of roads that go off of that are really good drives.

·
Registered
862 Posts
My boss said he was up by lake placid in NY and was on RT87 and a lot of roads that go off of that are really good drives.
That would be my neck of the woods. The Adirondack mountain range makes for some serious twisties! :thumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did a little drive up to my house in Tuftonboro NH. My girlfirend and I went to North Conway for a nice train road throught the mountains. I drove the Kanc on my way back it was nice but OMG so much traffic. There are so many nice roads around there, if you know where your going and can really hustle.

I have become too selfish to share the road with others, lol. therefore I try and go when no one is around. I also have the benefit of having Mondays off. I will try RT87. I had went up to Brattleboro yesterday via US-5 from Greenfield and that was rather nice. I still have to explore the rest of VT-RT100.

·
Registered
359 Posts
That got me thinking, I may now have to plan a road trip around that area. I was thinking head up RT100 then stay at Jay and go to NY from there. I may try mapping out a 3-4 day trip of the area.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts