Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined to do some research since it will be time for a new vehicle in about 6mo to a yr. I despise front wheel drive cars but the initial reviews regarding lack of torque steer has put the ST on my list. Plus I'm a big fan of Alan Mulally and would rather buy a Ford instead of a jap or korean car. I was learning heavily towards the Genesis Coupe however the models are very inflexible regarding options and I can't get what I want without having to jump up to the V6 and spending well over $30k. So I'm looking forward to learning more from the early adopters.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live on the NW side and work in The Woodlands. I currently drive an '06 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner sport truck and previously had a Nissan Sentra SER. A truck is handy to have but even the X handles like a .......truck......and gas mileage is not so good. I hated the FWD dynamics of the Sentra, even with the std LSD, but liked the flickability of a small car. I wish the ST was RWD but I guess that would overlap with the Mustang. Although the Mustang is RWD I'm not into the retro look or having to feed a big motor. So I'm looking forward to test driving it at some point and being able to compare to some of the new RWD coupes.

Does anyone know if the ST is going to be a low volume car? I know it's just becoming available but I haven't seen anything regarding volume or if it will be common on dealer lots later.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I live on the NW side and work in The Woodlands. I currently drive an '06 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner sport truck and previously had a Nissan Sentra SER. A truck is handy to have but even the X handles like a .......truck......and gas mileage is not so good. I hated the FWD dynamics of the Sentra, even with the std LSD, but liked the flickability of a small car. I wish the ST was RWD but I guess that would overlap with the Mustang. Although the Mustang is RWD I'm not into the retro look or having to feed a big motor. So I'm looking forward to test driving it at some point and being able to compare to some of the new RWD coupes.

Does anyone know if the ST is going to be a low volume car? I know it's just becoming available but I haven't seen anything regarding volume or if it will be common on dealer lots later.
No self-imposed production volume cap, so it'll depend on sales.

Welcome aboard.

I once had my head kicked in by an X-Runner at an autoX. I was in an APR-tuned Audi TT. It was embarrassing. And a testament to both the handling of the truck and the skill of the driver.

My bro lives NW. I'll wave when I drive by at Thanksgiving. :D

·
Registered
617 Posts

I'm in Spring and work down Rayford Rd. :thumbup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
have you guys pre ordered yours yet? none of the dealers on the southeast side know was a st is, everytime i call or email they keep trying to get me into a regular focus.. getting annoyed.

·
Registered
617 Posts
have you guys pre ordered yours yet? none of the dealers on the southeast side know was a st is, everytime i call or email they keep trying to get me into a regular focus.. getting annoyed.
I ordered in May. $500 over invoice from the same guy I've bought 4 other Ford's from. Not sure what rules are on posting his name. PM me if you want his info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't even know if I want one yet so I would never pre-order a car. It just came out so the dealers won't be too interested in it until they have some on the lot they need to sell. That should hopefully improve in a few months.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I don't even know if I want one yet so I would never pre-order a car. It just came out so the dealers won't be too interested in it until they have some on the lot they need to sell. That should hopefully improve in a few months.
Sorry, but i disagree with that logic. Once they hit lots, you lose some leverage in the deal because some idiot will come in right behind you and pay the markup the dealership is asking just to be the first to have one. I agree with waiting if you arent sure if it is the car you want, but you should still order when you are sure. I have a Titanium right now so I know its going to be similar but better in many regards so i have no qualms with pre ordering. Also understand that most dealers don't allow test drives in SVT products. Once they start hitting lots and a buzz starts to build its going to be harder to get deals on them. Right now most dealers think its just another trim level to a lowly little focus.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts