Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been trolling the forum for about a week, so decided to join since I had a question I couldn't find a thread discussing. Anyways an introduction: my wife has been eyeballing cars she would be interested in purchasing in the next year or two and is now dead set on an ST. Awesome right? I had an SVT contour for 6 years and loved it. Decided I wanted that American V8 sound and decided to get a Corvette. So I guess my interest in sporting cars has rubbed off on her. Anyways to get to my question!

Why isn't this focus an SVT? Not that it matters much I'm glad they're making it and bringing it here! But as a long time fan of all things SVT why did Ford not bestow the SVT name on this awesome car?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ford has had the Focus ST and RS over in Europe for a long time now, and they are making the 2013 ST a "world car". Meaning we will finally be getting some of the fun stuff that they offered to the European market and other markets to the US.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
Ford disbanded the Special Vechicle Team division around 2007 and I think moved the talent over ST & RS.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
It really is the same thing as ST and Team RS now.

Hi and welcome to the forum

Chad

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome to the nation! Its all called "Ford Global Performance Vehicle Group" I don't have the specifics, but Team SVT, Team RS and FPV are all working together now. IMO the original SVT Focus wasn't all that great, so letting it die and moving toward the European styling and ST marketing are a way to separate itself from the old SVT Focus.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys. I was under the impression that they were all working together but SVT wasn't gone. Since the Raptor didn't come out until 2010. And I doubt anybody in Europe had anything to do with that development.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts