Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new here. I'm hoping to swap from an 02 Lancer OZ to a Focus ST later this year, so I thought I'd join your forum to keep up with the news :thumb:

Biggest question I had that I was hoping to get answered was about the ST's intercooler. I've read that it will come with one stock, but haven't heard much about it. Is it mounted behind the grill? Are there any pictures out there? I was surprised to see the grill was mostly for show and very little of it allowed air to pass through so I was interested in the setup.

Thanks for the help, I'm looking forward to frequenting these forums more often

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Hello! :welcome:

Swapping a Lancer for an ST will be quite the upgrade! You'll be amazed the things these cars can do...

Not sure about the intercooler; we don't have a ton of info about the engine. I DO know, however, that it uses the grille shutters from the Focus SFE package to direct air into the intercooler, so hopefully you can picture it a bit more.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The inter cooler will be in the grill.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Maybe the lower grille.

Welcome to the site. Thanks for joining

:welcome:

I asked Lisa on the ST facebook page; about the inter-cooler location

http://www.facebook.com/OfficialFordST

S
he should answer that within 24 hours

And she said:

Ford ST wrote: "Yes! It is behind the large hexagonal opening signature to the ST front end design. The EcoBoost needs that air!"

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[HR][/HR]Cool, I was just thinking about the possibility of removing the grill all together and having a mean intercooler sitting there in the hole :cool:

Pics of my current ride (is there a way to embed pictures in my post instead of inserting links?):

imag0060nd.jpg

imag0062fns.jpg

imag0048g.jpg

imag0049p.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Yeah, you actually did it right (I can see the pics) but you have to enable pictures in posts by going to the settings tab. Nice looking Lancer, btw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts