Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Those are what I bought, wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position All season tires... all from the Tire Rack... oddly enough, they showed up at my door the day I brought my ST home..

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm getting 16" wheels kinda like these for my winter setup.

MSW Type 19 Black Painted

(Don't mean to threadjack :O:)

check into it, but from what Ive heard, you wont be able to get 16 inch rims to fit on the ST's with the size calipers that are on it. I heard 17's are super tight as it is. I could be wrong though

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
16 inch rims will fit, as long as the weights are mount out of the way or on the back or front of the tire. My 17's are not a tight fit at all. Plenty of Clearence in front. If you are really worried about it, then opt for 17's.

·
Registered
375 Posts
16 inch rims will fit, as long as the weights are mount out of the way or on the back or front of the tire. My 17's are not a tight fit at all. Plenty of Clearence in front. If you are really worried about it, then opt for 17's.
o ok, good to know :) i just saw some pictures of how close the clearance is for 16's, VERY close. Hope a pebble doesn't get stuck in there, could throw the whole thing off lol

·
Registered
288 Posts
check into it, but from what Ive heard, you wont be able to get 16 inch rims to fit on the ST's with the size calipers that are on it. I heard 17's are super tight as it is. I could be wrong though

I've got 16's on mine and don't have any problems. Been driving it every day with those rims for 3 weeks now, no rubbing of any kind and the weights run right over the calipers. The clearance is quite close but they are recommended by Ford so they shouldn't be a problem. Don't know if I'll have any problems when snow hits but I doubt it. Here is a link to my install thread with pics.

http://fordstnation.com/focus-st-tires-rims/2188-winter-tires-rims-installed.html

1 - 20 of 20 Posts