Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, I'm Jeff from Buffalo. Going in tomorrow to order my ST. Kind of bummed they don't have the platinum white, so I'm getting silver instead. I have a 2012 Focus right now that I'll be trading in. It's a 5dr Titanium in Tuxedo Black. Never doing black again on a daily driver. I didn't plan on buying the ST, but whenever I drive my Focus now all I can think about is how much more fun I would be having if I were in an ST! Dealership told me they will start being built in September. Also looking to get in on the GoPro camera deal. Anyone hear about that? I'm also in to older cars too. I have a 67 Plymouth Belvedere II. I love the old cars but the new ones I'd have to say are more fun to drive.

Looking forward to chatting with you guys. Looks like it's going to be a great little car.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Welcome to the Nation. I'm just outside of Syracuse. From what I've heard and read, there is still time to get in on the gopro deal. Check out the threads in the forum, lots of good info on this site.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the Nation. I'm just outside of Syracuse.
Hello Shomare, I grew up not far from you, in Liverpool. Good to see some local people! My dealership visit didn't go as planned today. They gave me a trade in value of $18,000. It's a 2012 Focus, which had a sticker price of $28,610 seven months ago. I knew I'd be taking a large hit on the trade in, but $18k just isn't going to work. I think I'll try to sell it outright, and go from there. If that doesn't work then I'm just going to have to wait a while longer.

·
4,009 Posts
Selling it outright is your best bet but that's a lot of money for a used car. Ran into the issue selling my Fusion. Low milage 2 year old car. Most people weren't looking to spen 19 grand on a used car but eventually I found someone on Craigslist

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Dealer will almost always give you less than you can get from a private buyer. After all, they do need to make money on it too or they wouldn't bother.

·
4,009 Posts
Yeah, I discovered that too. Never knew when you trade in, you only pay taxes on the remainder of the new car price. Saves a nice chunk of change with 8% sales tax in my area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts