Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the game. Just picked me up a 2014 TB ST and absolutely love it. I'm looking at some mods that will make the car even more fun to drive and not take away from its great reliability. My other car is a built procharged vette so adding more horsepower to my ST is not on my to do list. It's only current mod is Cobb catbacks. Stiff short throw, stiffer sways, motor mounts, and lowering springs are some of the ideas I've seen mentioned before. Which brand to purchase and the most affordable site is what I am asking for you guys to help me with. Thanks in advance

Chase

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I just installed the BOOMBA complete Short Shift Kit, including solid bushing, and couldn't be happier.
My first and only mod after 2+ years.

For power mods, and if keeping the warranty is a concern, there are 2 tunes you can go with. Mountune and FRPP(Ford Racing Performance Parts) Mountune offers several tunes, at different stage tunes, only the stage one will keep the warranty.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As stated in the OP, power is the last thing im considering with the car. I am looking into the different types of short throws though. In comparison to OEM shifter, how much stiffer/notchier would you say the Boomba is?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
As stated in the OP, power is the last thing im considering with the car. I am looking into the different types of short throws though. In comparison to OEM shifter, how much stiffer/notchier would you say the Boomba is?
A lot stiffer with the addition of the Solid Bushings. There is very little play in arm movement. The stock is quite spongy.
The shifts seem more precise, although they take a bit more force to get in gear. Nothing drastic. A weighted shift knob helps this. I kept the stock shift knob.

The Boomba kit is adjustable. The Shifter arm has 3 positions to choose from, and the Shift plate has 2. I used the most reduction @ 51%.

http://www.boombaracing.com/boomba-racing-focus-st-ultimate-shift-package/

Reactions: 6M$MAN

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think the best mod you can do would be to get a personalized bumper sticker that reads... "My other car is a pro-charged Vette" and just not waste any money on a Focus with I'm guessing a 3rd of the power... unless your "Vette" is a Chevette... then go balls out on the Focus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts