Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello ST Nation,

Just signed-up and wanted to take a minute to introduce myself! First off, the car is my GFs :eek: but that said, I drive it mulitple times a week and am the one doing all the maintenance and repairs. So let's say we own :)

We have a 2014 Fiesta ST, Molten Lava, totally stock minus air filter, and it just rolled 70,000 miles on my way to work today! I have been a car guy since I was twelve and my uncle handed me a wrench and I got a 1952 Jeep M38-A1 to turn over and run.

My car history (all manuals):
1.) 1997 Volvo 850 R Wagon - Don't see how my parents thought this was a good idea, maybe because it was a wagon, but still turboed and very fast for a 1st car, but hey good safety rating

2.) 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX - Kept stock but great car. Grew up in Maine, so AWD was a must. Was a great car until a flash flood :(

3.) 2007 Impreza 2.5i - Traded the WRX to a friend for a base model plus some $$$. The car was starting to develop some odd electrical problems from the flood and I didn't want to deal with it. Also was road tripping / moving to California, so the $$$ was much needed

4.) 2014 Subaru BRZ - This was my first brand new car! Got it off the lot with 4 miles on it! I loved this car so much. Now living in Cali, I realized I didn't need AWD, and considered a Focus ST, but the feels of the BRZ were so lovely, and I wanted RWD! I put 48,000 miles on it in 18 months before it was totaled in an accident

5.) 2004 BMW 330i ZHP - This is my current car and I love it, when its running right! Lots of maintenance has been done since the PO did none. I've put about $3 - $5k into it -_- But that said, I still love it!

Which brings us to the 2014 Fiesta ST. I talked my GF into buying the FiST over a Mazda 2 or Mazda 3. Didn't take much convincing :) We both bought our new cars (BRZ) in the same month and I actually traded in my old Subbie to the Ford dealer.

The FiST is now at 70,000 miles, which means there are going to be maintenance task coming up, and items will begin to fail. I have done all factory recommended maintenance to date, and am looking to see what the 70k service calls for. I'm thinking belts and clean the air filter on top of what is recommended. Just put new front pads and rotors and new tires, nothing fancy.

Glad to join the ST Nation and look forward to posting more. I love to write up DIYs and have doe many detailed ones for the BMW, so hopefully I can help others as you all will certainly help me!

Cheers,

BooST

1 - 2 of 2 Posts