Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My 2016 ST is due for a new set of tires. The factory Goodyear summer tires are there last rotation and will have about 22k when they are pulled off. I'm doing research for a good set of all seasons. This is my daily commuter and I drive it for work. I live in the south so there is no snow or ice to speak of. I have fun but mostly sensable driver.

All that being said what would y'all recommend for the stock ST3 wheels?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Hi kage_. I went with these recently for about $670:

235/40ZR-18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 XL

I've read positive comments from users on other forums on Conti DWS tires, and Tirerack users rate them a 4 out of 5. So far, I'm very happy with them. I don't drive so aggressively that buying another set of summers made a lot of sense. Plus, we have flip-flopping weather a lot in spring and fall here so all seasons are nice to have during those transition times. I still have a set of wheels with winters mounted but they are over 7 years old--need to inspect them for dry rot but hoping I can use them for the worst of the winter months one more time. If not the Contis should do fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi kage_. I went with these recently for about $670:

235/40ZR-18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 XL
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll add it to the list to review. I also ran across General GMAX AS-05's. They are an all season 50k mile tire. Tire rack reviews are good but I can't find anything on the longevity of them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Michelin AS3+ in 235/45/ZR17 They are just about as sticky as the summer tires. The day I got them it snowed 6". about 2 feet of snow that week. I didn't have a single problem getting around. In the wet they are fantastic. In the dry they are just about as good as the summer tires Pilot Sport 4S 235/40/ZR18

1 - 4 of 4 Posts