Ford Focus ST Forum banner

New video on Focus St Spotted

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Ron 
#1 · (Edited)
Maybe some of you have seen the video but I just spotted a new video on youtube,It looks to be production spec....

#2 ·

Video comments:
New Focus ST first test. Barcelona. 9.02.12.
2.0 EcoBoost engine with 6-speed manual Durashift transmission and 20% lower fuel consumption than previous ST. 250 bhp in 5500 rpm and 360 Nm from 1750 to 4000 rpm.
gzfocus, the little thing that looks like a film strip (in the editor) lets you post the video in the forum! :)

Thanks for this video this is great!

Reactions: JdubST13
#4 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Family car Compact car

Yep not ST on shifter... Interesting and this is a EU spec focus as well..

Most likely the same for NA spec

#5 ·
View attachment 717

Yep not ST on shifter... Interesting and this is a EU spec focus as well..

Most likely the same for NA spec
this is what i aleady mentioned for the interview. this is shit. in spec sheet the unit gear knob is mentioned.
this video is very.....bad....such a bad sound quality and really bad music...i can´t understand why people use such a bad hardware for making videos.....

but thanks for vid. it gives is 5 sec of focus st sound.

would anybody give me this st for free, i would sell it immediately.

#7 ·
I think the video is nice. Obviously the car is getting closer to production or they wouldn't have let an outside company or whoever make this video at all.

Re: The ST logo on the shifter. Stephan, I realize you would really like that logo on the shifter, but I'm not sure if we'll see it. The painted logo or emblem is another manufacturing process, that takes time and money. One less process and one less component, even as small as a decal or paint will make the car less expensive. Will it not look as good? No, it won't, but it'll still feel and drive the same. Most of the time your hand is covering it anyway. The Mazdaspeed3 doesn't have a logo on the shifter either.

#8 ·
Dan is 100% right. Stephen, you can get a sticker made and put it on there, or even yet. Thats what customization is all about man. Remove the part, have it a professional put the logo there for you.

all the possibilities...I love it.. :D

#9 ·
Also did anyone notice that the hood fitmit in the front does not sit right? It looks to have to much of a gap. But who knows, just like everything else we can't get upset about something thats not official yet.

I would like to have an illuminated ST logo on the shift knob, would look cool at night!

#10 ·
I would like to have an illuminated ST logo on the shift knob, would look cool at night!
Yes it definitely would, but I tend to agree with dem778. Automotive appearance parts are a pain for everyone involved on the manufacturing and purchasing end, both for Ford and the supplier to Ford.

I personally think all the ST logos everywhere on the interior are too much. Enough with the badges already

#16 ·
Also did anyone notice that the hood fitmit in the front does not sit right? It looks to have to much of a gap. But who knows, just like everything else we can't get upset about something thats not official yet.
I remember the hood fitment being noted by a poster on another blog, this some 6 months ago I think. I specifically looked at it on the blue model at the L.A. Auto Show in November, and the gap didn't seem excessive. But it definitely does show in the video.

#11 ·
No sorry guys. I know this a detail, but a very fine one. if there is no logo like in the vid, the knob looks like a 10USD knob from ...don´t know your cheap markets... Anyway this looks shitty and thats the reason why ford will do a logo on it as on the fist pictures.

These 2 cars are for sure the exhibition cars that we already saw enough.
I really hope that we cannot order such a ST
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel

this looks standard ugly, not special, an ST is special!

your pic chad, looks perfect. but i would like to have the first carbon style:)

ps. never thought that vid came from ford. the vid is from amateurs....

#13 ·
Man you are picky! If your ST doesn't come with a ST on the shift knob, and ours does (us market) i'll ship you one when ford lets us buy parts for it. Im sure you can order that part. :)

You know some of those interior effects are packed based. The 2012 Fiesta lets you get color inserts on the leather seats, and interior plates.

Maybe the ST is like that. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.