Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen the new YouTube videos of the ST from Butman Ford, just posted yesterday? Check them out. I could be wrong but it seems like maybe they have an ST in stock and gave someone a test drive yesterday. The ingot silver in the video looks pretty good!

·
Banned
102 Posts
Why don't you post the video?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I really hope that those were just demo vehicles, because if their dealer stock is already showing up, I'll be disappointed, seeing how I ordered through THEM and my rep is claiming he hasn't heard anything. Funny part is, I believe that was my buddy filming the video.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Give them a call and give us the skinny on the vids.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's not a production car since production cars haven't been officially bought off yet!
Below is the wordage I received from my friend regarding yesterday's experience and videos when I asked him what the deal was with yesterday and whether or not they were receiving their stock orders:

"No it was just a gentleman from Michigan assembly that brought it over. IT IS SOOO COOL! he took us for a quick spin. He said they have about a thousand on the ground but they will not ship till the end of the month. You heard about the issues with the HID headlights? He said they want to get that figured out befor they ship any of them."

Now, before anyone with ST1s and ST2s orders freak out, lets wait until I hear back on whether or not the guy was specific about what was delayed for shipping.

That being said, he also wasn't clear on whether or not the car was a PP car...but seeing as the guy just drove it there, I have a hard time believing they are letting the production builds get driven 60 miles back and forth from Wayne to Ypsilanti. So I would speculate (yes, more speculation, I know...) that this is a PP build.

On another note, a thousand or so STs on the ground!!! Sounds good to me...

·
Registered
869 Posts
Below is the wordage I received from my friend regarding yesterday's experience and videos when I asked him what the deal was with yesterday and whether or not they were receiving their stock orders:

"No it was just a gentleman from Michigan assembly that brought it over. IT IS SOOO COOL! he took us for a quick spin. He said they have about a thousand on the ground but they will not ship till the end of the month. You heard about the issues with the HID headlights? He said they want to get that figured out befor they ship any of them."

Now, before anyone with ST1s and ST2s orders freak out, lets wait until I hear back on whether or not the guy was specific about what was delayed for shipping.

That being said, he also wasn't clear on whether or not the car was a PP car...but seeing as the guy just drove it there, I have a hard time believing they are letting the production builds get driven 60 miles back and forth from Wayne to Ypsilanti. So I would speculate (yes, more speculation, I know...) that this is a PP build.

Thank you! And ^^^ sounds like they're about 1/3 of the way through dealer stock builds. Just a couple more thousand cars before they start building cars for current customers!!

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Thank you! And ^^^ sounds like they're about 1/3 of the way through dealer stock builds. Just a couple more thousand cars before they start building cars for current customers!!
That's assuming that every dealer ordered a car for themselves...it's not even worth discussing anymore really...

Reactions: ATX Eric

·
Registered
869 Posts
That's assuming that every dealer ordered a car for themselves...it's not even worth discussing anymore really...
lol. Right? I was assuming every dealer had one on average. Two for some, three for others, none for many. But you're right.

:charilebrown:

·
4,009 Posts
Hope it's not production that they are out joy riding in, especially since it's exactly my build! Also, the stitching in the seats did look off.

Reactions: Rev.Hammer

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hope it's not production that they ate out joy riding in, especially since it's exactly my build! Also, the stitching in the seats did look off.
That is a production car. I noticed a couple things about it. I would be pissed too! I tried saying earlier that I just didn't the think the ST2 seats were on the same level as the full leathers. Just my opinion though.

Also, cars have not been shipped yet. Probably starting next week from what I've been told.

·
Registered
93 Posts

Below is his follow up to my question regarding the end of the month shipping and whether or not it applied to all of the trim levels:

"He told me two weeks before any are shipped. Oh yours is going to be here most likely first. And when It gets in you better believe you will know. There will be pictures hitting the interweb :) (w/you tagged)"

Once again, I hope this is not true (though I pray to the ST gods that the last part IS true). But in reality, given that the 20th is the last day of the GoPro "pre-order" promotion, it kinda makes sense that they won't be shipping til after that date. "Pre-order" sounds like it would require the orders to be shipped sometime after, no?

·
Registered
362 Posts
My dealer said they have a stock order in that is the identical spec/color as my pre-order, they offered to let me take delivery of it ahead of my pre-order. But sounds like I would lose my GoPro.. I can wait.

·
4,009 Posts
My dealer said they have a stock order in that is the identical spec/color as my pre-order, they offered to let me take delivery of it ahead of my pre-order. But sounds like I would lose my GoPro.. I can wait.
Photos or they don't have it.

·
Registered
869 Posts
If true, my suggestion is to raise holy hell with Ford Marketing and get your GoPro, too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts