Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All!

I've been lurking around here for a while but figured it was about time to participate.
This has become my goto spot for anything ST related and I always find the answer I'm looking for.
Great Job everybody.

Anywhoo... about me...

I come from a long line of Automotive and Ford enthusiasts. My Grandfather has owned upwards of 60 cars over his lifetime and many of my family members are enthusiasts as well. Family gatherings look like a cross between a car show and a Ford dealership.
My Grandpa's house is the first place I go whenever I get a new vehicle.

I have owned a 87 Mercury Lynx, 1991 Eclipse, 2001 Ranger, 2003 Focus SVT, and am now driving a 2008 Acura TL.
It's a varied assortment, but my favorites have been my Eclipse and SVTF.
I owned the Focus SVT for about 8.5 years and loved every single moment of it. I only got rid of it because it was starting to cost a fortune to keep maintained. 8.5 years and 120,000+ miles of Michigan roads, winters, track days, and general hoonage definitely took it's toll.
It was a very tough decision, but then I saw a gleaming Acura TL on a used car lot and it got just a little bit easier. I've always thought the TL was one of the most beautiful 4-door sedans made.
The Acura is awesome, but my heart lays with the hot-hatch...

So, on May 10th I ordered myself the perfect hot-hatch for me.
The re-incarnation of my 2003 Focus SVT is a 2013 Focus ST... Performance Blue ST3 with the Moonroof.
I'm unbelievably excited that this car is coming and it looks to be even more awesome than I had hoped.
I can't wait until this fall when the car will finally be mine!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Welcome to the site! Yeah I have an 02 SVT and it's definitely a car that requires a lot of attention, but it's a blast to drive!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Welcome to the site! Yeah I have an 02 SVT and it's definitely a car that requires a lot of attention, but it's a blast to drive!
REALLY? I guess i have been really lucky. besides regular maintance my SVTF has been cheap to keep going and i drive her hard all year round.

Congrats on the purchase! that is the same color i will be going with.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome!

My '03 spent more time in the shop than it did at home during the first 4 months that I owned it. After that it was a pretty steady stream of *something* that was broke or breaking. Usually nothing major, but I'm now on a first name basis with most of the techs at my Ford dealership and one of the service managers knows me well enough to know exactly why I was back at the dealership on May 1st (after not being there for a almost a year).
To be perfectly honest, the last 60,000 miles I owned the car were far better than the first 60,000 though.

My cousin has a SVTF as well and has had quite a few issues with the fuel system and some other things.

All of that being said, I still kept that car 4 times longer than I had kept any other car that I owned. I loved (almost) every minute that I was in that car (besides the times when it wouldn't run, or there was smoke pouring out of it, etc) and still miss it on a daily basis.

The ST is everything the SVT was, but taken to the next level. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

·
Registered
148 Posts
:welcome:

blurbyu:
I am the original owner of a 2002 SVT Focus (silver w/ red interior, vehicle # 2076 of a build of 4788 assembled on 5/14/02 - note: it's a low mileage car with under 60K miles, one of the advantages of having a company car).

I've thoroughly enjoyed the SVT Focus over the last 10 years, but have been seriously considering selling the SVT and getting into the new ST. Clearly the ST is the spiritual successor to the SVT; and all the preliminary data/articles/"ride-a-longs" indicate the ST to be a special vehicle. One thing that really excites those of us who have owned an SVT is the ST's 250 lb.-ft. of torque verses the SVT's 145 lb.-ft. - thus the days of 3000 rpm launches may be behind us!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ODD... you dont look NEWISH!
:LOL:

One thing that really excites those of us who have owned an SVT is the ST's 250 lb.-ft. of torque verses the SVT's 145 lb.-ft. - thus the days of 3000 rpm launches may be behind us!!! :thumb:
QFT!!
The SVT used it's meager ratings extremely well, but an extra 82 HP and 125 ft/lbs on tap can only mean more fun!! :yay:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts