Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the show, and even though I really didn't expect to see one there, I was disappointed. I know I had read about the car not making it to some of the smaller shows, but I was hoping by some slim chance it would show up.

They had the 2012 focus there, it was my first time being able to sit in one of those. I'm hoping the ST's recaros end up being a little more comfortable. I was a little overwhelmed by all of the buttons everywhere. I think there's going to be a bit of a learning curve going from my 12 year old zx3, to something with so much function at my fingertips.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
It seems like they only have 4 of them. Two performance blue, and Two Tangerine Scream. As far as I can tell, they have two with projector headlamps. One with a sun roof.

With that being said. There are so many auto shows around. My guess is, if the show does not have 'x' amount of visitors they won't spend the money to ship the car there and setup.

I am not too worried about the amount of technology in the car. But if you have not used a techy car before, then it would be a bit of a learning curve. I read somewhere, that you can get wifi in a Focus...

The Recaros are a different seat. My Fiesta's leather seats are comfortable enough. But I had read that someone sat in one of the FOcus ST's at the La auto show, and they did not like the seats. But that is just one person.

If you can make it to the New York Auto Show, then you will definitely get to see a Focus ST. :) <--Which is why your local show might not have got one. That, and the Chicago auto show is out next week as well.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
It is similar to what I encountered at the New England International Auto Show in Boston. The rep didn't have any information at all, even when I get pestering them. Also, the 2013 Taurus and Mustang were both locked. The 2013 Fusion has no debuted yet so it was also not available. They did have the 2013 Escape and Focus Electric up on stands.

I am still pondering the NYIAS. It's only 2 hours from me and may be worth it just to get some in-person info on the ST.

P.S. Good to have another New Englander on the board.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I was just hoping my some slim chance they'd manage to get one for the show. The tech really doesn't bother me. It will be a learning curve, but I'm a techy guy so I love it. As for the wifi, I assume you'll have to buy a wifi card from your cell provider and plug it in somewhere. That means another monthly data plan from your provider. I would LOVE to have wifi on board, but I'm not sure it's worth the money.

One reason I really want to see the car in person is the color. I'm disappointed that they are not offering any green options. My current focus is Rainforest Green. My wife's car is also green. If they would have offered the green used on the (old) RS, I'd be all over it. It would be a pretty good color match for my Kawasaki Ninja! I even like the more subtle green they're using for some fiestas. But based on the colors they've announced, I'll either go Blue, or Tangerine Scream. The pictures I've seen of the tangerine scream vary so much in color though, it's hard to see if it's more yellow, or gold-ish, or orange.

Color is very important to me. It could actually make or break the sale for me.

Will the ST definitely be at the NYIAS? If so, I might try to make it there too.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Yeah, I was just hoping my some slim chance they'd manage to get one for the show. The tech really doesn't bother me. It will be a learning curve, but I'm a techy guy so I love it. As for the wifi, I assume you'll have to buy a wifi card from your cell provider and plug it in somewhere. That means another monthly data plan from your provider. I would LOVE to have wifi on board, but I'm not sure it's worth the money.

One reason I really want to see the car in person is the color. I'm disappointed that they are not offering any green options. My current focus is Rainforest Green. My wife's car is also green. If they would have offered the green used on the (old) RS, I'd be all over it. It would be a pretty good color match for my Kawasaki Ninja! I even like the more subtle green they're using for some fiestas. But based on the colors they've announced, I'll either go Blue, or Tangerine Scream. The pictures I've seen of the tangerine scream vary so much in color though, it's hard to see if it's more yellow, or gold-ish, or orange.

Color is very important to me. It could actually make or break the sale for me.

Will the ST definitely be at the NYIAS? If so, I might try to make it there too.
SYNC | SYNC Packages Available On Your Favorite Ford Car, Truck, SUV, Crossover & Hybrid | Ford.com Sync My Ford Touch Wifi with mobile phone.

I am speculating that the Focus ST will be at the New York Auto Show. But its a major show, and there will be lots of visitors. The car must be there... If you think about it logically.

Color is not the most important to me. Although its interesting to read your comments on color. It makes sense.

If you two go to the show, then you both can meet up :) I would love to get some very detailed images on the site, and some detailed video with a review. :) If you don't mind!

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't say color is 'most' important to me.. but it is definitely a key factor. Luckily, I think I could be happy with the Blue if I end up not liking Tangerine scream.

If I do go, I'll probably have lot's of pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts