Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Good times for sure...was nice meeting you all and like others, some great content to come including shotgun video of the ST drive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My friend Pedro (SVT04EAP) told me about this, and we decided to drive down to check it out. We are extremely glad we did.

We drove 2 hours and 45 min from South Miami down to Key West in his EAP SVTF, and when we got there we immediately headed to the starting location hoping to find the cars. We found the film crew, and I asked them when the STs would be coming out to play. He told us they were a couple blocks up the road in the back of their hotel's parking lot. He told us where to go and said if we could find them nobody would stop us from getting up close and personal with them. So we went and found them.

The guys there were nice enough to let us sit in the Tangerine one. The interior was amazingly nice, and the Recaros were super comfy.

Pedro

Me

This one was in the back all by itself

Tanner Foust happened to walk out as we were gawking at the cars. We talked to him a little and got a picture with him, cool guy

Then we waited around for the action to start

Foust was in the Tangerine one

The better videos I got (it will only let me embed one :( )

All in all, I am EXTREMELY impressed with the ST. It looks phenomenal in person, the Tangerine Scream paint is beautiful (if/when I order an ST, I am pretty positive I'll pay the extra and get it), the Recaros were extremely nice and comfy (I wish one of the cars had the ST3 seats we could see, but oh well), and the exhaust sounded pretty good (it could be a bit louder though).

Seeing the ST in person and sitting in it makes me want one even more. So much so that I really don't care if I get one in wagon, 5-door, or 3-door form :party:

·
Registered
778 Posts
I keep coming back to this thread to look at those pictures.

The tangerine scream paint is growing on me! (and I want Tanner's shirt...it's a Fiesta but I still want it)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Came in to this thread Excited, and now left drooling.:p
Really want to see a white ST in action.
Perhaps someone with pshop can make the tangerine scream into white in some of those pictures?
(I would but I'm at work and my photoshop at home crashes my computer. lol)

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
I'd love a photoshop thread. I've wanted to see what my car would look like and there aren't any good photos of an ingot silver ST.

I am also considering keeping my Titanium handling package five spoke wheels and wold like to see what A ST looks like with those on it instead of the ST Wheels.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I can make a photoshop thread...I just don't know where to put it in the forum.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did any of you guys that went to the event happen to grab one of the posters that was put up to promote the event. I'd really like to get my hands on one being a big fan of Key West and the ST!

I have a few of them. If no one else offered, send me a PM and I'll mail you one. I'm keeping the one Tanner signed though!

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Elnorte, you're awesome. Are those cars the final production spec or do they still have some pre-production parts on them (I ask because of the pesky hood gap). God that car sounds good!

·
Registered
549 Posts
LED's look pretty good. Please take a picture of a silver ST. I still haven't seen a proper pic of one yet. These cars have window stickers on them etc, if they are not production cars, what happens to them? I noticed the hood gap also.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Elnorte, you're awesome. Are those cars the final production spec or do they still have some pre-production parts on them (I ask because of the pesky hood gap). God that car sounds good!
These are pre-production cars. I'm sure fit n finish will be much better at launch. Most of these cars will probably be scraped out anyway.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice ElNorte, that exhaust sounds improved over the ones used in the commercial shoot. Per the guys prepping the vehicles, they were PP versions. Is the one your driving PP1 or later revision?

·
Registered
547 Posts
LED's look pretty good. Please take a picture of a silver ST. I still haven't seen a proper pic of one yet. These cars have window stickers on them etc, if they are not production cars, what happens to them? I noticed the hood gap also.
The car I was driving, was silver. It's very nice!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Things I heard from Team Detroit (Ford marketing) during my stay:

1. The cars we saw are pre-production, more testing and tweaks should follow. [no date was given, but the late Sept to early Oct delivery date we have heard elsewhere seems likely]

2. One of the guys told me that Tanner has been taking it to 60 mph in 2nd gear.

3. As for the commercial, it is supposed to be ready by May 28, and should air on coverage of E3 and X Games.

From Tanner:

The electric power-assisted steering is the way of the future. Said if he could have it for racing today, he would take it in a heartbeat.

There's more I'm forgetting, that some of the others on the trip might be able to add in here.

Reactions: BadWolf

·
Registered
547 Posts
Nice ElNorte, that exhaust sounds improved over the ones used in the commercial shoot. Per the guys prepping the vehicles, they were PP versions. Is the one your driving PP1 or later revision?
I didn't look. These cars were built a few weeks ago. I'm sure they're close to production though.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
They were driving the pp versions.
Also, Keith scoffed at the October rumor, said it should be out earlier than that, late August or September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 114 Posts