Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hey, I resemble that fat guy at the beginning of that vid... :p Not that I'm not taking up more than my fair share of space in the universe, standing next to Tanner makes me appear even more monumental. Dude is ideal stunt/race car driver size!

I have to apologize that I have yet to have time to wade through all my vids, pics, and audio. I've been busy since getting home yesterday returning to normal stuff, and being sleep deprived and feeling beat by all the sun, humidity, walking, and standing around, I'm spending today recovering a bit. Anyway, I'll be getting cool stuff up, including my vids of Tanner's presentation, some clips of the commercial shots, a clip of Greg Tracy's feedback on the car (shot during one of the return transits during the commercial shooting), a ton of pics, and hopefully some straight audio (though I've yet to listen back to it to know whether its worth posting).

Someone asked about posters from the event... I don't have an extra, but I might have a spare card. Drop me a PM.

·
Registered
742 Posts
BTW, that funny looking straw hat I wore the whole time saved me... I'm not sunburned at all. I love that hat!

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
That reminds Wyatt... Good call on the suntan lotion... all of the parts I didn't cover got burnt so I don't even want to imagine what my neck would feel like right now without it.

To the luckyarses that got ride-alongs... did anyone get video?

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
BTW, that funny looking straw hat I wore the whole time saved me... I'm not sunburned at all. I love that hat!

Key West Sun is evil! Easy to get burned and if your on the water! Forget about it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
In Car Drive

Here is the in-car drive video. I'm riding shotgun with Greg and Matt while one of the Detroit guys gives us a ride back to the hotel. We are following the red Focus with Angela and Wyatt onboard.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a bunch of stuff that I will post eventually. I can not believe how great everyone from Ford, Team Detroit and the entire crew were. It was great meeting all of you as well.

·
Registered
778 Posts
MDeCillis - That video was fanfreaking tastic!! I know it was just a PP model, but how did it ride??

And this car has such a nice arse!!

·
4,009 Posts
You Gus haven't gone into much detail re sound inside and out. Or on the acceleration.

I had to smile as you drove through town. I've been there so many times it felt like I was riding along with all of you.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
So my rental car today. Focus SEL hood gap 101 :)

2.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg 1.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
You Gus haven't gone into much detail re sound inside and out. Or on the acceleration.
To be honest, the sound (exhaust) wasn't too remarkable inside or out. It was decent, just not anything special really. As mentioned earlier, unfortunately what we saw in Key West was a very early revision of the ST. There's obviously been lots of changes to the exhaust tone since, and I think the clips from elnorte and other sites relfect that. It's obvious they've put a lot of thought into this one area and I'm sure it will be amazing when it's all said and done.

The acceleration, on the other hand, was really really good. Our car was loaded with 4 pretty big dudes, and there was some decent neck snapping going on for sure. I can only imagine how good it could be driving alone, less 600 pounds or so.

Also, I spoke with Greg Tracy about the car a little more in depth, off camera. He was quite impressed with the ST and liked it a lot. Coming from a stunt driver with no real Ford tie-ins, that's gotta say something.

One last item of note was the headroom. Being 6'3'' I was on the fence on whether to go with a sunroof or not. All of that can be put to rest. There's plenty of headroom. Peter was 6'7'' and had room to spare, even with the sunroof. This car is big-man friendly. Good stuff.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Question to those who saw Tan scream. Does the color in the poster match up? Does it do justice?

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Hey did anyone get a pic of me sitting in the ST? I'd like to set it as my Facebook profile pic :D

·
4,009 Posts
Did any of you get one of the promo posters they had up?

·
4,009 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
The only one I have is signed by Tanner... sorry :D

BTW, that picture is really washed out... it's like an orange creamsickle color
Orange%u0025252520Vanilla.jpg

41 - 60 of 114 Posts