Ford Focus ST Forum banner

81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
I was told (and I think Cypress was there too) that the hood gap issue will be fixed before final production. I saw the rubber insulation there and just assumed it was a quick fix for these pre-production vehicles.
Ok, cool. Thank you!
I saw some other pictures and the rubber is sticking out from under the hood at the ends...not a good look.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wow - thanks for all the pics and vids!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I also have some of the small cards we were handing out, unfortunately, no full sized posters though. Should have thought to grab some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Not to be a swag whore but I'd like a card.

·
Registered
549 Posts
That is pretty quiet. Looks like a cat-back will be necessary for me, although being pre-production who knows if it will have changed. I was expecting a little throatier.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Wow - with all the talk about making the 4 cylinder sound as signficant as the 5 cylinder (different but significant), it appears Ford engineers have a bunch of work to do on improving the exhaust note!!!!

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Fine by me. Listening to the drone of a loud muffler on a long trip isn't something I want to do anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Remember everyone... this is a pretty early build of the ST. It's a "PP" model and since then there have been PP1s, PP2s and PP3s. I'm sure they've made some adjustments by now (I hope)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
It actually sounds great with the peddle down a bit more. But because this was the pp model, it doesn't have the latest sound refinements they've made.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The video elNorte posted has probably the most recent exhaust system and it sounds pretty good
Does elNorte's video have an external sound bite. One of the ironies of Ford's interior sound enhancer is that sound inside the interior cabin sounds great. It's the external sound that concerns me. :( However, I have to believe that Ford will sort this out. Arguably Ford makes the best sounding American car - the V8 Mustang. This fact coupled with the German engineers making statements that Beethoven and Mozart both make great sounding music, albeit different, as they explain the difference between the previous ST's 5 cylinder exhaust note and the new ST - implies getting the external sound right is high on their priority list. :!:

81 - 100 of 114 Posts