Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Do you want a Track Pack for the Focus ST?

• YES

Votes: 68 94.4%
  • NO

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
i'd be interested in most except the brembo brakes ...sorry but i dont care for them
I've heard mixed reviews on Brembos, including some scary scary stories. I personally prefer AP, Wilwood, and Baer, but I assume that if FRPP is selling/including them, the Brembos will work the way they're supposed to.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hate to sound like a broken record, but my nephews Cobalt SS has Brembo's and I drove the hell outta that car on track and didn't experience fade not once over 2 days of double dutying it him driving in the novice group and me in the instructor group. Although, our cars are a bit heavier. Still Brembo's are choice of many manufacturers for production because the cost is low as the pads are similar design from car to car.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mechanical LSD
Brembo brakes
Recaros like Mustang gets
Mandrel bent exhaust with non-ugly exhaust tips
No moonroof
No MFT/sat nav

·
Registered
336 Posts
Part List/Wishes:
Camber Plate
Mechanical LSD
Braided brake lines
Big Brakes
Track Apps
High flow exhaust
lighter wheels

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hate to sound like a broken record, but my nephews Cobalt SS has Brembo's and I drove the hell outta that car on track and didn't experience fade not once over 2 days of double dutying it him driving in the novice group and me in the instructor group. Although, our cars are a bit heavier. Still Brembo's are choice of many manufacturers for production because the cost is low as the pads are similar design from car to car.
^ This.....I have a Cobalt SS Turbo and the Brembos on it are amazing. Yes the brake dust is terrible and yes they make noise (what high performance brakes don't), but i'd be scared to push the car like I do without them

·
Registered
91 Posts
Best bang for buck is

Carbotech brake pads
Stainless lines
Dot4 amsoil brake fluid

This will be a massive difference for under 500 bucks

·
Registered
76 Posts
A track pack should include;

Ford Racing Big Brake Kit
Short Shifter
Stiffer Bushings in suspension and shifter
K04 turbo
Better flowing intake
Better flowing turboback exhaust
Mechanical Diff
Interchangeable engine maps (eco, normal, track)
Carbon/Composite body panels
NO SUNROOF

I believe this would greatly improve the track ability of the car, but also lighten it up, hense causing it to perform better. If I could get the Mechanical Diff and Big Brake kit I would be happy though!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Best bang for buck is

Carbotech brake pads
Stainless lines
Dot4 amsoil brake fluid

This will be a massive difference for under 500 bucks
Someone said that the ST already comes with Dot 4 brake fluid. If so, is Amsoil Dot 4 that much better than Ford's?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have used Amsoil in my race bike brakes for years. Makes an immediate difference in fade resistance and lever effort. Has a higher boiling point and resists deterioration from moisture and contaminants. Truly amazing difference even on stock brake lines.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have used Amsoil in my race bike brakes for years. Makes an immediate difference in fade resistance and lever effort. Has a higher boiling point and resists deterioration from moisture and contaminants. Truly amazing difference even on stock brake lines.
What he said

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sunroof delte
LSD
Sways
Brakes

·
Registered
59 Posts
A track pack for this car needs nothing more than:

Mech LSD
All cloth or suede recaros in ST1 trim w/o moonroof
Lower, stiffer dampers and springs (Maybe adjust sway size to match)
Bolt in harness bar and correctly located factory harness attachment points.
18"x9" wheels in dark silver with REAL extreme or max performance summer tires.
Upgraded pads and slotted/drilled rotors (just for the flash ;) )

A track pack for this car does not need a tune! You don't need more power, you already have plenty for a FWD car. An extra 30-50 hp or torque is only going to cause you more trouble.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Current Ford Racing kit, better summer tires, 4 point harness, BOV because they sound cool, tall skeletonized hydraulic handbrake (for rally greatness), custom badges so folks know you're business... and if we're really talking track pack, then full body roll cage. Brakes and a tune to round things out.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts