Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone (elnorte...haha) know what weight oil the ST is going to use? My regular Focus is 5w-20. I'm thinking ST may require a little heavier weight. Just curious because I like to buy 5 gallon jugs, and my Focus is due for a change. Don't want to invest in 5 gallon jug if the ST is going to take a different weight.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Doesn't the focus take 4.5 quarts per change. Only did it once so can't recall. Anyway, it's only a qt. I save all the leftovers for lawn mowers, and other power equipment.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup 4.5 quarts. I like to buy 5 gallon jugs cuz my wifes fusion hybrid takes 5w-20 as well and its easier to keep a jug then a bunch of quarts in garage. Little cheaper too. Im hoping ST uses same weight so i continue getting in bulk. :thumbup:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! 5.7 quarts! That's almost as much as my Raptor 6.2 was. Great for cooling though. Oh well on the 5w-30. Thank you for posting the chart!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
5.7 quarts does seem like a lot of oil for a 2L.

My N.A. 1.7L Civic only takes around 3.5 quarts, but I would imagine turbo vehicles almost always require more oil.

Some more fluid capacities from the Euro Focus Manual (includes some ST info):
Focus Fluids 2012.jpg
Pretty hefty cooling system as well...9.2 quarts, bigger than the 2.0L turbo diesel!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's good. I keep seeing ford saying that its a built up a "robust" cooling system. Need that here in Texas. Lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts