Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Jonb347, here it is the 3rd of November and no news on my order. Even the dealer cannot tell me anything beyond the confirmation I received on October 19th. I do have a tracking number 23963.

I am still trying my best to be patient but I am starting to lose my patience.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Jonb347, here it is the 3rd of November and no news on my order. Even the dealer cannot tell me anything beyond the confirmation I received on October 19th. I do have a tracking number 23963.

I am still trying my best to be patient but I am starting to lose my patience.
I ordered one day letter than you on 9/20 and I'm still unscheduled, clean as well, so you are not alone. I would guess we've got to get our VIN's and build dates soon. Hang in there!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered one day letter than you on 9/20 and I'm still unscheduled, clean as well, so you are not alone. I would guess we've got to get our VIN's and build dates soon. Hang in there!
I sure as heck hope you are right on the "soon". We've both been waiting a long time and I am carless (well, not counting my wife's car which she hogs and my 67 GTX which is my baby and does not go out often).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's great! Hopefully this means mine will be assigned soon too!
Yes, I am thrilled. I only have about 5-6 weeks more of waiting!

Amyway, ask your dealer to check on your car. I asked my dealer this morning and he checked right away and responded with all sorts of details about my car in an e-mail. My "performance blue" ST's paint is called "Spirit Blue" in the Ford DB re my car.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've been calling the ford performance group every Friday, since its my understanding that they update their scheduling (?) system on Thursdays. As of yesterday, they told me my car was clean, unscheduled. I'll wait until next Friday, call again, and hope for some good news...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've been calling the ford performance group every Friday, since its my understanding that they update their scheduling (?) system on Thursdays. As of yesterday, they told me my car was clean, unscheduled. I'll wait until next Friday, call again, and hope for some good news...
sounds like you need a good ford dealer who will actually give you info...you should come see me :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Perhaps I should have come to see you first....but since I'm seven weeks into my order I don't want to lose my place in line at this point.
That's how I feel as well. I also ordered over seven weeks ago

At least I finally know my car's VIN and have confirmed the configuration. ETIS says it will be built November 30th. I'm figuring that I will have it by mid December. I am willing to bet that your dealer can get the same information about your car that I got about mine yesterday. I'll a VIN and build date have been established for your car as well.

I'd go to the dealership and stand there until they did the query and got the status of your car.

·
Registered
145 Posts

At least I finally know my car's VIN and have confirmed the configuration. ETIS says it will be built November 30th. I'm figuring that I will have it by mid December. I am willing to bet that your dealer can get the same information about your car that I got about mine yesterday. I'll a VIN and build date have been established for your car as well.

I'd go to the dealership and stand there until they did the query and got the status of your car.
I would but it's my understanding that the ford performance group should have just as much information as my dealer. Perhaps jonb347 can chime in on this?

·
Registered
38 Posts

That date that shows on ETIS is a canned placeholder, once you can pull up your window sticker with your VIN, it will show you your build date, although mine was built 2 days after the date on my window sticker.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would but it's my understanding that the ford performance group should have just as much information as my dealer. Perhaps jonb347 can chime in on this?
Honestly I've never called FPG, just ford racing for tech info. We have allocation reports weeks out and know Monday which vehicles schedule that week. Then Thursday the car gets scheduled and a vin. A good dealer should keep you updated with the same info if you asked....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.