Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I pulled the trigger and put down a deposit for a white ST3 but was saddened to hear that there is a hold on that package here in the US. Anyone else have this issue? Also, was told I couldn't use X-plan. I've purchased 3 vehicles from this dealership here in Saint Clair Shores Michigan so I'm not worried about my deposit. Salesman seemed annoyed and didn't know that there was a delay for this. Really don't want to get the ST2 just to have it but ugh so tempting. Just not willing to give up the HID lights, heated seats or ambient lighting inside. I could care less about the Navigation or all the other fluffed up stuff it comes with but those headlights are worth the wait I guess.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I wouldn't worry about a delay. Ford hasn't released anything official yet. Just said late availability for hid's which god knows what that means. By the time they start building it the issue could be resolved. I've ordered an ST3 and I'll happily wait for it, I'm not going to panic and change my order to an ST2 or anything :)

Reactions: elnorte

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I have an ST3 on order too, and I'm not worried about any delay. However, the car does qualify for X-Plan, and I and many other people on this site have ordered using X-Plan.

Reactions: elnorte

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really? I thought I've seen lots saying they have X-plan. I need to find out about that. Thanks for the help guys! I'm going with white st3. Gonna tint windows and paint calipers yellow. So can't wait to get this car!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know myself, if I get the st2 now I will regret it once I start seeing those LED lights coming at me haha. Thanks for the advice, just hope it doesn't take too long. Kinda weird how so many dealerships seem to be "out of the loop" or aren't all in sync with each other. Oh well, this car seems like a dream. I have the Titanium now and love it but need more power.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Congrats on your order man. Alot of us are anticipating hearing about when we can expect to see the ST3 HIDs.

If your dealership doesn't take X-Plan, tell them other dealerships would be happy to honor it to earn your business.

Dealerships/Salesman rejoice when someone comes in with X-Plan Pricing. It's an easy sale, the salesperson makes more commission, and the dealership is reimbursed from Ford.

Don't let them tell you otherwise.

Well I pulled the trigger and put down a deposit for a white ST3 but was saddened to hear that there is a hold on that package here in the US. Anyone else have this issue? Also, was told I couldn't use X-plan. I've purchased 3 vehicles from this dealership here in Saint Clair Shores Michigan so I'm not worried about my deposit. Salesman seemed annoyed and didn't know that there was a delay for this. Really don't want to get the ST2 just to have it but ugh so tempting. Just not willing to give up the HID lights, heated seats or ambient lighting inside. I could care less about the Navigation or all the other fluffed up stuff it comes with but those headlights are worth the wait I guess.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Now you can't even build an ST on the website. It's a webpage error so it's not like this is permanent

Edit: Yes you can build one. And, Lisa said the HIDs are delayed weeks not months on the ST Facebook Page.

The Ford website says early 2013 but she says it is a worse case scenerio. She is attempting to get more information.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I plan on ordering the ST2 package at the end of the month. I'd really like the addresses of those around my area that are ording ST3 packages so I can go over to your houses and do front-wheel burnouts in your driveways in September. It's not that I'm an A'hole.....well....yes, yes I'm a tremendous A'hole! :D

·
Registered
617 Posts
I plan on ordering the ST2 package at the end of the month. I'd really like the addresses of those around my area that are ording ST3 packages so I can go over to your houses and do front-wheel burnouts in your driveways in September. It's not that I'm an A'hole.....well....yes, yes I'm a tremendous A'hole! :D
Well, my street has very few street lights so you might not be able to see my driveway with those weak halogen lights on your ST2. :p
But I tell you what, I will turn my HIDs on since my ST3 will be sitting in the driveway anyways. That can be your beacon........:D

·
Registered
786 Posts
Well, my street has very few street lights so you might not be able to see my driveway with those weak halogen lights on your ST2. :p
But I tell you what, I will turn my HIDs on since my ST3 will be sitting in the driveway anyways. That can be your beacon........:D
Spring huh? I better drive up to your place since those heavy-assed all leather powered seats are gonna crush your gas mileage! :D

·
Registered
786 Posts
Lmao. Touche`....:(
wait!...you are supposed to say I'll get lost w/o navigation to which I respond that I'll add an hour to your trip time since you are waiting on MyFordTouch to boot up .....ST3 owners, they just give up too easily. :(

·
Registered
139 Posts
wait!...you are supposed to say I'll get lost w/o navigation to which I respond that I'll add an hour to your trip time since you are waiting on MyFordTouch to boot up .....ST3 owners, they just give up too easily. :(
Uhh... Ya... well 3 is a bigger number than 2

·
Registered
617 Posts
Well we've been brow beaten with all these rumors and speculation this last week. Had a moment of weakness......:cool: ST3 FTW!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts