Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met with a salesman I have bought a couple of cars from at the local dealership. He said that the ST could be ordered on 7 June with a sales date of 7 August. He said to expect 8 weeks for delivery which lines up with the sale release date. It's going to be tough waiting.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
June 7th is still technically spring, so maybe that's what Lisa means by "spring ordering banks." Almost deceiving, if you ask me... in no way is a 4-month long wait "soon"

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
I met with a salesman I have bought a couple of cars from at the local dealership. He said that the ST could be ordered on 7 June with a sales date of 7 August. He said to expect 8 weeks for delivery which lines up with the sale release date. It's going to be tough waiting.
June 7th is still technically spring, so maybe that's what Lisa means by "spring ordering banks." Almost deceiving, if you ask me... in no way is a 4-month long wait "soon"
If that date is true 2 months today. But soon does not mean 4 months. Ford could have said coming this quarter. :lol: Q2 April, May, and June.

It is not spring at all. Even if it is the first week of June. The summer solstice is June 20th. Technically meaning mid-summer.

I don't know how she can say spring order banks. Unless Ford sees Q2 as spring ordering. Then that could be...

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Well they've been saying "soon" since February, or at least since I've started paying attention...

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Oh yeah you are correct. She started on Facebook I think the end of February. After Henrey Platts (SVT Communications..PR) left.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seemed reasonable to me. The salesman, who is also a friend of the family, pulled out a sheet with all of the model build and release for sales dates and went over it with me. Also on the sheet were all of the other cars for that Ford makes. And like I said before I've purchased cars from them before and found them to be pretty straight forward.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
It would be nice to see the sheet. No one is calling you a liar or anything. Its just everyone here is very cynical, for that matter not just here. We are all waiting, and you are about the 3rd person who has been told by a dealer that you can order on 'x' date. When you get the responses that you got, its nothing personal. ;)

Thank you for sharing. After all if it wasn't for the members on this site we would not have as must information as we do have.

Reactions: GWads

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Decided to drive up to the local Ford dealership up here. None of them had a clue about the ST...or even heard of it. They did ask me nicely though if I wanted to buy the Mustang Cobra they had. I told them thanks but no thanks.;)

·
Registered
358 Posts
8 Weeks ?

Hmmm. The Plant in Saarlouis where the ST will be manufactured for Europe and i am sure that they also produce parts for the US Plan in..michigan? will have a big summer holiday for 6 long weeks. the hole plant is closed for this time. i don´t know excatly but it must close at mid of July.

Maybe some of us where lucky if they order within the first days and get the car before summer brake. that is also what my dealer told me.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Decided to drive up to the local Ford dealership up here. None of them had a clue about the ST...or even heard of it. They did ask me nicely though if I wanted to buy the Mustang Cobra they had. I told them thanks but no thanks.;)
Shame on them...really...

:thumbd:

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
8 wks is a typical delivery time. With the ST being new, and first run, I don't know that I'd hold my breath on that 8 wks window.

I recently ordered an Explorer and it was 29 days from order to delivery. The dealership said they had never seen a car come in quicker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts