Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

First off, I am excited that the ST is finally available for order, however, I have not been able to sit down with my salesman and hash out the details. According to him, he can not allocate any Focus ST orders because he can not access the Focus ST order bank and claims it has not opened. I believe him, because I would think he wants to sell a car and make some money. Many of you have already placed orders so I am wondering why some dealers can access the order banks and some can't.

Has anyone had similar issues?
If you have, has it been rectified and how?
If not, can you help me to steer my salesman in the right direction?

It also doesn't help that he is going on vacation on saturday. I was hoping to get my trade-in valued and then work on the details this week before he leaves.

I did leave a comment on the Ford ST facebook page asking for assistance, but any info here would be great!

FYI, I am located in southeastern Connecticut.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
That's weird. I have and order in my hands!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also had that problem, i went to the biggest ford dealership in town and wanted to ask a salesman about ordering one and he had no idea about it after going to a back room for five min he said he knew it had a turbo and thought it was a 2.0L. I was surprised he had no idea about it. If you order it now does that help or hurt your negotiating when paying for it?

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Hell of a lot of nerve asking an advertising fee when you have to tell them about it.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've contacted two dealers in the area and have gotten nothing. This is extremely frustrating. Both have my information and what packages I want but they can't seem to figure out how to order one. Something is not right here.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ditto. I talked to a dealer that told me he new nothing about ordering. I don't know who's falt this is but I told him there is a bunch of orders already in and it's posted on Facebook and all over the web. Why do dealers no nothing. They should be briefed on the car weeks before ordering begins. Just makes no sense to me.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Onto dealer #3 at the moment. Not sure this will get me anywhere... I hope you're reading this Ford.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm facing the same troubles. I've tried two dealerships and neither can place my order. Come on Ford; educate your people.

EDIT: Yep... just called all 5 dealerships in my area. Same talk about the dealer allocation and that they could "try" and get Ford to allocate one for them. they won't even talk price since they don't have the order guides with the dealer codes on them.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey everyone, I finally heard back from my dealer and he told me I can order the car but there will be about a $5,000 mark up on it! I told him that many other people have already ordered with a discount even and he said there is no way cause all dealers will add this mark up. WTF!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I doubt they will be interested in assessing your trade-in. As this is a deposit only, there's no contracts or financing paperwork to deal with (yet). I was literally in and out in 10 minutes, pressed the 'F4' key myself to submit the order, gave 'em my money, got a receipt, shook hands and drove off.

In 4-5 months when the car is ready :mad: , your trade-in will have depreciated (or wrecked, or been stolen, or sold to pay off gambling losses ;), etc.)

Reactions: Chad

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Hey everyone, I finally heard back from my dealer and he told me I can order the car but there will be about a $5,000 mark up on it! I told him that many other people have already ordered with a discount even and he said there is no way cause all dealers will add this mark up. WTF!
Obviously not according to our orders thread. Not everyone is doing it, once you make a deposit and agree on the price of the car they cannot add this fee. ...Well I suppose they could when the car comes in.

http://fordstnation.com/lets-talk-p...-2013-focus-st-order-confirmed-post-here.html

There are plenty of dealers who are not assessing this "market adjustment" fee. Its just a greedy fee and will prohibit Ford from selling more units.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not true. As a matter of fact, I was told the opposite from a dealer I am in talks with at the moment. Here is what the dealer told me.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Onto dealer #3 at the moment. Not sure this will get me anywhere... I hope you're reading this Ford.

PM with those dealer names that can't order for you

How frustrating..you are practically ready to hand over $30,000 and they can't order it or know anything about it.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PM with those dealer names that can't order for you

How frustrating..you are practically ready to hand over $30,000 and they can't order it or know anything about it.
I posted a comment on the Ford ST facebook page. Tomorrow I'll be calling Ford directly to see if they can help me direct a salesman to the right place. After that call, I'll be physically heading over to the dealer to talk with him.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I posted a comment on the Ford ST facebook page. Tomorrow I'll be calling Ford directly to see if they can help me direct a salesman to the right place. After that call, I'll be physically heading over to the dealer to talk with him.
Let me know how this works out for you. I'm willing to do the same thing.

With these extra hoops; I'll be (justifiably)) subtracting $ from my offer.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
I'm facing the same troubles. I've tried two dealerships and neither can place my order. Come on Ford; educate your people.

EDIT: Yep... just called all 5 dealerships in my area. Same talk about the dealer allocation and that they could "try" and get Ford to allocate one for them. they won't even talk price since they don't have the order guides with the dealer codes on them.
Lisa replied to me Kaytari...

I reached out to the zone manager and she is contacting Shults for Daniel. Should be good to go today.

Best Regards,
Lisa Schoder | Ford ST Marketing Manager - US
www.facebook.com/officialfordst

1 - 20 of 31 Posts