Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMO White is the only color that looks good on the ST. I did not care for the red, blue, tangerine, and black at the Performance Academy and the white ST looks amazing in pictures and on the existing focus hatchbacks on the market.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I like alot of the colors but I think the white vs black of the grille/and some of the trim, plus tint, some black rims and some tinted tail lights would make the white really stand out.
Yep. I'm trying to decide if blackened or whitened wheels original (plastidiped) wheels would look better.

Something like this for the white...

For the black...

·
Registered
352 Posts
@lug I have been wondering the same thing myself, whether white or black wheels look better on an Oxford white st, in those pictures above the black looks AWESOME in my opinion, great contrast from the white body and looks great over the red calipers. I am also looking into charcoal or dark bronze wheels as a possibility.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Well.. black wheels would essentially 'hide' in the wheel wells because ..well they are black and the wheels/tires and tend to limit the apparent vertical height of the car. White wheels would seem to add to the appearance of the mass of the car creating a more 'substantial' appearing machine.

I think that black wheels on a white car that was lowered would look more race and fierce.
On the other hand on a white/white combo it would look classier.

·
Registered
24 Posts
@lug I have been wondering the same thing myself, whether white or black wheels look better on an Oxford white st, in those pictures above the black looks AWESOME in my opinion, great contrast from the white body and looks great over the red calipers. I am also looking into charcoal or dark bronze wheels as a possibility.
Agree, Black looks hot! But white would also look sick... decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
894 Posts
Here's some more pics of an Oxford White ST -- from Focus Fanatics. Someone reports on their test drive in Europe.

Test Drove the new ST!!! - Focus Fanatics

Definitely convinces me I have to paint the calipers red. Looks awesome with the gunmetal wheels.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I am so glad my wife asked to switch from TB to white.

Yes I think you'll be thanking your wife more and more. The black accents just pop so well on this car in white where they seem to be lost on TB. Plus white is awesome with paint swirls or scratches.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts