Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As with most cars, some options and colors will be more common then others. What will be the most common combo? In other words, which will one dealers be most likely to make bargains? ST1 with tangerine scream? Black ST2? It won't be an ST3, of course.

Yes, right now they are probably producing only to order because the have a backlog of orders, but there will be cancelled orders, demos, etc. Eventually, there will be one package/color combo that will be the hardest to sell. What will it be?

( BTW, I'm starting this thread so that somebody will benefit, finding that the car that they want is the glut and they can get a really good deal on it. I'm hoping it will be me, of course. )

·
Registered
18 Posts
My quess would be first ST1's, the seat color is bland, and very little options are allowed.
Second would be White or Silver ST2's with the yellow trimmed seats.

·
Registered
778 Posts
My quess would be first ST1's, the seat color is bland, and very little options are allowed.
Second would be White or Silver ST2's with the yellow trimmed seats.
My original order was a white ST2 with the TS seats. Changed it to white with PB. :)

My guess is performance blue paint with tangerine scream seats. The ST1s will be rare in and of themselves.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
TS3 in red

·
Registered
354 Posts
I can't imagine that they will order for stock many STs at all. There are two fairly large Mazda dealers in my area and you almost never see a Speed3 on the lot. With it only being a manual they have eliminated close to 75% of the people that would consider the car if it had an automatic.

You rarely see an SEL or Titanium Focus on the road so it's clear that the vast majority of folks aren't interested in the higher end tech options so the most likely ST a dealer will stock is an ST1 with a safe color like silver to keep the price with in reason of a SE.

When we ordered our 12 Focus SEL in May 11 they had about 15 Foci on the lot. They were split 2/3 sedans 1/3 hatchbacks. All but one was an SE, all were autos and only a couple had Sync. They were all silver or charcoal with the exception of the one Ti that was black and a frosted glass.

Once the initial interest for the ST is past the car a dealer is most likely to make a deal on would be a ST3 because it will be the hardest to sell because of the price.

·
Registered
742 Posts
My estimation of the most common:

1. Tangerine Scream ST2 - poster car for the 2013 ST
2. Performance Blue ST2/3 - classic, poppy, and safe
3. Oxford White ST3 - mature, reserved, safe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts