Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm chomping at the bit to add stripes or wrap the hood, roof, and accent the deck lid on my Blue ST, would def go with black. The image I attached is pretty much how I want it to look. Or I was thinking twin fat white stripes down the middle... but can't find any images of others online. Any suggestions are always welcome!

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did try plastidip..on the roof of my winter car...99 Pontiac Sunfire. First of all Plastidip out of a rattle-can, can only be applied at certain temperatures, 50-80 f or so, second, about halfway through the can, it starts to "spatter" instead of a clean mist, leaving a "fiber" look to your desired surface. So after 4 cans on the roof only (sunroof too which i masked off), it began to look like a shag carpet.. and after an hour of drying, felt like a shag carpet as well. Now I will say this... I did the Sunfire spoiler with plastidip and it turned out fine. The less area you have to do the better. Now after 4 cans on the roof that looked like absolute garbage... I waited a day then tried to "peel" it off as they show online right? WRONG!!! Pulled off in 3 inch sections, if that. I won't get into the details, but plastidip is absolute garbage!!! Anyway... as far as wrapping my hood or anything like that now has gone wayside due to the fact that I found bubbling paint on my right side body side panel around the rear right wheel well! 2 years old and I got 22k miles... No way there should be rust forming!!! And yeah... you guessed it... not covered under warranty! So fuck this car and its shoddy ass production... MURICA!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts