Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Very cool and great opportunity to see the ST in action and in person!

If I lived anywhere near FL I would be there. But I don't. So I won't. :(

Anyone near FL who is going?

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
I will be going on the 18th... Man!

Oh well.

Thanks for Sharing.

·
Registered
252 Posts
So with this announcement out, I can tell you that this is the launch event that a couple of us were invited to take part in via Lisa on Facebook. Not sure how our role will differ if at all from that of the larger invited group. They apparently have us participating in some of the commercial preparation earlier in the day, but not really clear what that means. We were also asked to bring cameras to shoot the event as mentioned in the article. I'll find out soon enough I guess. I fly from L.A. on Tuesday!

·
Registered
100 Posts
That is awesome I wish I could go :(

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
778 Posts
So with this announcement out, I can tell you that this is the launch event that a couple of us were invited to take part in via Lisa on Facebook. Not sure how our role will differ if at all from that of the larger invited group. They apparently have us participating in some of the commercial preparation earlier in the day, but not really clear what that means. We were also asked to bring cameras to shoot the event as mentioned in the article. I'll find out soon enough I guess. I fly from L.A. on Tuesday!
If Ford lets you, please post as much video and as many pictures as humanly possible! (and if you could get Tanner to say hi to me via video, that would awesome...jk...kinda)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sigh, no chance of me taking off work this week. Otherwise I'd be there in a heartbeat. Don't think I could make it from Orlando to Key West in 4 hours.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Sigh, no chance of me taking off work this week. Otherwise I'd be there in a heartbeat. Don't think I could make it from Orlando to Key West in 4 hours.
Its 5 hours from w. palm beach...sign again:(

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Lisa, Key west is one of my favorite places to vacation! As a future ST owner, I'd be glad to go!

·
Registered
241 Posts

is ford flying you out there?

·
Registered
252 Posts
If Ford lets you, please post as much video and as many pictures as humanly possible! (and if you could get Tanner to say hi to me via video, that would awesome...jk...kinda)
Taking tons of pix and video as possible seems to be what Ford wants, so I'll try to make 'em happy there.

As for the shout out, what's your name?

And Bizzaroh, yes Ford is flying us out. I think there are 7 of us lucky folks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Taking tons of pix and video as possible seems to be what Ford wants, so I'll try to make 'em happy there.

wow that is sweet! I wouldn't be surprised if you get to be in the commercial, but then I'm sure you would have already been notified and have to sign all sorts of disclosure forms. congrats!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yes, they are flying Ron, myself, and I believe a few others out there. Very cool of them imo.
And on top of getting to see the ST in action, and in person, you get the opportunity to spend time in Key West - one of my all-time favorite vacation spots. Mallory Square for the sunset craziness; and then party big-time on Duval St. You guys are in for a FUN time!!! :D

·
Registered
778 Posts

My first name is Bailey. Your awesome!

Your going to have a great time! I can't wait to see all the video and pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
ALRIGHT! Cat's out of the bag! I've been DYING to talk about this, because I am so f%#$ing excited!!!! I'll be honest, I just came home from college so I am quite poor and didn't think I'd be able to do anything this summer... especially a trip to the Florida Keys to see the car I've been absolutely OBSESSED with for like two years! So I am EXTREMELY excited about being able to do something like this! I have absolutely no clue how much contact we'll get with the ST or Tanner, or who we're going to meet, etc... I'm just happy that we'll get to see the ST in action, up close and personal, and also lounging around Key West is going to be awesome! (also, I'm bringing a few resumes just in case... hehe)

Anyways, I can't wait to meet all of you! I'll be there around 5:30 on Tuesday so I'll have an extra night of craziness!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Petraman - good call arriving early. Per my post above, I'm serous about Key West being one of the most fun, crazy places in the US. Some of the best bars anywhere are located there; and besides, if it was good enough for Hemingway, it should be good enough for the ST crowd. :thumb:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ron and I should be arriving Tuesday evening as well. Looks like a quite a few of us from this forum are going (on Fords dime or not). We should get a roll call.

So far it looks like:

Ron
Myself - Cypress
Petraman
DarkBuddha
MacAttack

Anyone else?

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
So, not to add to the jealousy, but Lisa just answered some questions for me:
Will we get some stationary seat-time? Yes, definitely.
Will we get to drive it (I wasn't expecting a yes, haha)? Nope, still prototypes
Will we get to meet Tanner? Oh yes! (I'm getting some TG US swag for him to sign! Or maybe just my ST shirt...)

This is going to be SWEET! Are you guys all going to be there on Tuesday? I'm thinking the first ever ST meet should take place at the closest bar to the hotel, haha Sound good?

Also, funny you'd mention Hemingway, because I am making it a PRIORITY to tour his residence.

:edit:
The only other member that I know is going is DarkBuddha (the guy with the kickass Merkur)

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Hemingway' is a must see if your in Key West. Also, best margaritas are at Margaritaville! Don't forget southern most point.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts