Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Stay far away from that dealer Bugs. It would be nice to know that we are hitting these slimy dealers where it hurts but alas, we are but a small educated minority.

Reactions: oaxa

·
Registered
65 Posts
Stay far away from that dealer Bugs. It would be nice to know that we are hitting these slimy dealers where it hurts but alas, we are but a small educated minority.
If you check the positive dealer thread you will see I found someone else willing to help me out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Large Ford Dealership in Langhorne Pa.

Actually had an appointment with the sales manager to order the car. I was told the following:
You can pre-order the car, and then one of the salesmen continued to dismiss my statements that orders are being taken. I told him to look on the Ford ST page on FB. He refused to check it out, or find out any information. Pretty rude attitude, and other salesmen just hanging around not interested in getting the facts. I left the dealership completely frustrated.

About 90 minutes after, a salesman (not the rude one) called to apologize and confirmed that Ford dealerships are, in fact, taking order. I told the salesman on the phone, "Thank you for the follow-up and apology, but that the misinformed, rude salesman should have called.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yes...
However, ONE fire ant is hardly an annoyance.... HOWEVER set your butt down in a MOUND of fire ants and you are in SEVERE trouble!

WE ...are those fire ants!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ray Skillman Ford in Greenwood Indiana told me for is not doing xplan on the ST. I spent 2 months talking to this dealer and they said early on that they take xplan. Now they are saying no, so I sent them a link that says Ford is in fact doing the xplan and that I would go somewhere else.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Stay away from Ford in Elgin, IL. The sales department there are pretty much extactly like all that have posted. Not willing to budge on anything, they say "what the sticker is what you pay". AHHHHH go pound it I told the Store Manager who's dad ownes the dealer. I told him ill go somewhere else and he said "best of luck......see ya in a day or two". I told most likely never with a nice grin on my face.

Better stay away from all dealers in Elgin,IL they all suck!!! i know, i have talked or delt with them all.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Gorno Ford... worst customer service ever, bunch of snakes in the grass.

Here's what happened to my friend: He custom ordered a $40,000 F150 from them. A few weeks go by, he calls and asks where it's at. Oh yeah it's on it's way should be here in two weeks. Two weeks go by and he calls them back "Oh we lost your truck, but we have another one here that's only $10,000 more and only raise your monthly payments by $70". He goes back and forth with them about getting the truck he wanted. He ends up going to Taylor Ford, getting the same truck they tried to upsell him for the price he was going to pay for his custom ordered truck.

Now to me:

I call Thursday and ask about the ST with the 201/moon roof/TS paint. They say oh yeah we are getting one in just like that. So I go in to talk about it Saturday and they tell me they aren't getting them in, no dealers are, and that they are only special order cars. So I tell them, okay you lied to me on the phone about having one ready to come, then you sit here and lie to me and tell me they are special order only, I'm leaving and I'm not coming back.

Disgusting.

Atchinson and Village Ford seem to be pretty good, except Village gave me A plan pricing that is $800 more than Atchinson gave me and also 1000-2000 less on my trade in.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ford of Kirkland; Kirkland, WA

Dealership stated best price was MSRP as car was a "specialty vehicle". Also stated I should go with them regardless of price because any other dealer won't be able to get me the car until 2013. When explained the car qualifies for X-plan and other dealerships in the area are selling for close to invoice the reply was "We have to make money off the vehicle since it is a limited production car". Dealer ended the conversation with "good luck". Price was MSRP ($27775 for ST2 plus tax, title, license and other fees)

Bickford Ford, Snohomish, WA

Big dealership....stated price was $1000 over MSRP and they only had order banks for 3 vehicle all of which had been sold. The lowest for $1000 over MSRP. When explained what others were paying for the car and that Ford has stated they will make as many as are ordered by the customer response was, "we have to make money and the vehicle is in demand." Price on ST2 was $30500 plus tax, title and license.

First time I've ever been shunned by a dealership over a sale.

Reactions: Rev.Hammer

·
Registered
145 Posts
Saybrook Ford; Old Saybrook, CT - Very annoyed with this dealership...

Called them this afternoon as they are probably one of the first dealers in CT (that I know of) to actually have an ST in stock. So I told them upfronton the phone that I was still trying to decide if I wanted an ST but that if I did it would be an ST3 package and I understood that I would have to order it. However before I would order any car, I wanted to see it and test drive it. I also asked the sales woman on the phone if they took x-plan. Now, she said they did on most cars but wasn't sure for the Focus ST. The sales woman also said the car was in their showroom but that if I wanted to come down, she would take it out of the showroom and let me test drive it. So I get in my car and drive almost an hour just so I can see and test drive the car. I get their and the sales manager basically said that I could only drive the car if I was interested in buying that particular car. Then he said that they are treating this car as a specialty car like other SVT vehicles so they would not be taking x-plan on the vehicle. They want MSRP for the car. My biggest issue is the sales woman told me to come down and that a test drive would not be a problem, then after driving an hour to get there the sales manager told me I couldn't drive it!

Sales manager also tried to tell me that ford wasn't taking any ST3 customer orders right now to due the headlight issue, and that when they do start taking orders, dealers would get priority over customers orders. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that ST3 orders can still be taken and that customer orders were supposed to get priority over any dealer orders.

He also tried to tell me that no dealers in all of New England would be taking x-plan on the car (at least anytime this year) and that if they said they would, they would end up playing games with the price once the car came in. Playing games...you mean like telling someone they can test drive a car, then having them drive an hour to your stealership only to then tell them they can't test drive the car unless they want to buy it? Also, I know there have been posts from other people in New England paying under MSRP including one from someone paying invoice from Quirk Ford in Quincy MA.

I know what stealership I won't be buying from if I do decide to place an order for an ST. But hey, if there is anyone out there desperate enough for this car to pay MSRP, you can pickup a TS ST2 with Nav and Moonroof right now in CT.

IMG_1941[1].JPG
IMG_1942[1].JPG
IMG_1944[1].JPG

·
Registered
194 Posts
You have no idea how seeing this car on a lot makes me feel. It is almost exactly what I have on order. Oooooh the pain!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Extremely painful since I also ordered an oxford white ST2 2 months ago, and I have seen people walk in, and drive out with one nearly the same. I think dealerships are just ordering there allotment, then worrying about the "pre-orders". I have a feeling that's what happened to my car...

I keep getting the "It will be here by the end of this week". If I get jacked around at all when it does come in, I am naming the dealership here, I just want to give them the benefit of the doubt since they are extremely small.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
He also tried to tell me that no dealers in all of New England would be taking x-plan on the car
If your dealer knows for sure that all dealers in New England will refuse X-Plan, then that is a conspiracy to fix prices. That means that either your dealer is outright lying or involved in illegal activities. A clear sign to walk away.

·
Registered
145 Posts
If your dealer knows for sure that all dealers in New England will refuse X-Plan, then that is a conspiracy to fix prices. That means that either your dealer is outright lying or involved in illegal activities. A clear sign to walk away.
I agree. He was clearly lying and / or ignorant and I have no intention of purchasing anything from that dealer. After my post, I received several PM's from other CT / MA forum members with the names of several dealers who have taken x-plan for their orders. If a dealer won't take x-plan, keep looking because there are many out there who will.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes - total BS - My dealer took the x-plan with no hesitation, hems or haws or ya-buts and the dealer is located in MA (If I know my geography that is part of New England, isn't it???)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was just recently on vacation in So Cal visiting friends.. well we went to GALPIN FORD because he wanted to look at a regular focus. as I was talkign to his sales man " the man with the suspenders" as they all know him.. he said they sell ALL specialty cars over sticker.. even said he just sold a GT500 for 15k OVER MSRP and the guy was glad to buy it. and that all ST's would be sold at 5K or so over Sticker.. AVOID that place like the plague.. when I told him they wouldn't be specialty cars and that they are aimed as comp for the GTI WRX and MS3 he just laughed.. luckly my friend didn't buy a car from him either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Simi Valley Ford, Simi Valley, CA

Showed up on the lot, car was listed with a $3k mark-up and another $1k in worthless accessories (Alarm and the modern equivalent of scotchguard). I asked the salesman if they'd do X-Plan on it, he "asked his manager", who at the time said yes, and we went for the test drive.

Went back to the office, starting filling out the paperwork, and all of a sudden X-Plan is off the table. It went from "We can't sell you one out of our inventory at X-Plan. People are buying these things with the markup," to "We'll sell it to you at MSRP," to "We can order one for you at X-Plan." I already had a dealer, 40 miles closer to my house, ready to order at X-Plan so I just went home.

Mind you, there are probably 30 STs sitting on dealer lots all over Southern California, just baking in the sun.

Best of luck to these dinosaurs who ruin every special car that Ford puts out. (Ford GT, Boss 302, etc.)

21 - 40 of 44 Posts