Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am starting this thread so that we can post our POSITIVE dealership experiences. If you feel that your dealership has done very well by you, Please list their name, City and State and why you like them so much! This will encourage other dealers to be more professional and current when they see THEIR MONEY MARCHING OUT THE DOOR TO THE GOOD GUYS!!

POST AWAY DANGIT!

(BTW.. this thread came into existence because of Oaxa's idea! )

·
Registered
908 Posts
Considering how I completed my entire order through email/phone, I've been really happy with the service. Negotiating a price was easy, because his first price quote was a good price that I was happy with, and he has been quick to answer any of my questions (regarding GoPro signup, tires, etc.). It's nice to know I can send him an email whenever I have a question about the order, and he'll reply within a day.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Finish Line Ford in Peoria, IL - Their sales staff is helpful and in this case I was dealing with the sales manager directly. He has handled my constant pestering with grace :)

Watch out for their financing people, I have bought a few cars off of them and they try to play games in the back room.

·
Registered
417 Posts
What price did you get? What trim and what add-ons i.e. moonroof ?

Considering how I completed my entire order through email/phone, I've been really happy with the service. Negotiating a price was easy, because his first price quote was a good price that I was happy with, and he has been quick to answer any of my questions (regarding GoPro signup, tires, etc.). It's nice to know I can send him an email whenever I have a question about the order, and he'll reply within a day.

·
Registered
117 Posts
For anyone in Northern California I would recommend Henry Curtis Ford in Petaluma. Two young guys working without commission in their internet sales department. One is a little over the top enthusiastic and the other was more ... normally enthusiastic. One is a track guy and knew all about the Go Pro camera and we talked a bit about easy mods to do. They have agreed to X-Plan pricing and they jumped right on registering for the camera, sending me the VOC etc.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I got a recommendation from fellow ST Nation member 2phun for Ian Riding at Sunstate Ford in Orlando. I found working with Ian to be very easy (I was using X-Plan so that made it even easier). Up to this point, I would not hesitate to recommend Ian. Please PM me if you decide to contact him based on this post and I can give you more details.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Nye Ford, Oneida NY. They have been on it from the get go. now I did give them a nudge about the car, but they had the order in ASSP and have been ahead of the info compared to other dealers. They also made Ford aware that there were glitches in the system when trying to order my ST.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I've been dealing with Latham Ford in Latham NY. They are a small dealership but the they did not try to jack the price of the car on me we I handed them the print out from the Ford Build site. They've been kind and curtious through the process and have answered most of my questions. They did get my gopro order confirmed without any issue and without a lot of pestering as well. I have bought from them in the past as well and I had no problems the last time either.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Classic Ford of Mentor, they have been very helpful even though i was bugging them every day to make sure they registered me in the early order program , also asked if they got my vin number from ford and looked right into it without hesitation . But i bought my Scion and my Volkswagen from Classic group so i have been with classic since 2005

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now this is GREAT stuff~!!
I feel that in order to motivate people you gotta use stick AND carrot! I prefer carrot!!

Now then, a LOT of dealerships are stuck with the outdated idea that people who are car shopping will only buy within a 20 mile radius of where they live.
The Internet has shot that down that drain and many are NOT realizing this. For instance I live in Huntsville, AL. I shopped my local dealership for my Charger. You what they told me when I went in to have a look at one and test drive it?
"We cant let you test drive one unless you intend to drive it."
Ehhh, yeah. Right.
I found the PERFECT deal 120 miles north in Nashville and that was after I test drove it....TWICE. ( I dont get in a hurry about car buying...leads to mistakes ) .
Before that, I bought a Hyundai Sante Fe ( wifes car ) 1.3 hours SOUTH in Tuscaloosa. AWESOME dealership. We set up the deal, negotiated price, trade in and settled over the phone and internet. When we go to the dealership we ere in and out in 1 hour and on the way home with her new wheels. THOSE people were GREAT!

I would GLADLY drive out of state to get not only the BEST deal but the BEST customer service. Orlando is not too far for me and I think that a 2-3 hour drive might not be out of the question for most of us.

Dealerships, en masse, need to see how the internet has changed the game and I hope this thread helps.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Now this is GREAT stuff~!!
I feel that in order to motivate people you gotta use stick AND carrot! I prefer carrot!!

Now then, a LOT of dealerships are stuck with the outdated idea that people who are car shopping will only buy within a 20 mile radius of where they live.
The Internet has shot that down that drain and many are NOT realizing this. For instance I live in Huntsville, AL. I shopped my local dealership for my Charger. You what they told me when I went in to have a look at one and test drive it?
"We cant let you test drive one unless you intend to drive it."
Ehhh, yeah. Right.
I found the PERFECT deal 120 miles north in Nashville and that was after I test drove it....TWICE. ( I dont get in a hurry about car buying...leads to mistakes ) .
Before that, I bought a Hyundai Sante Fe ( wifes car ) 1.3 hours SOUTH in Tuscaloosa. AWESOME dealership. We set up the deal, negotiated price, trade in and settled over the phone and internet. When we go to the dealership we ere in and out in 1 hour and on the way home with her new wheels. THOSE people were GREAT!

I would GLADLY drive out of state to get not only the BEST deal but the BEST customer service. Orlando is not too far for me and I think that a 2-3 hour drive might not be out of the question for most of us.

Dealerships, en masse, need to see how the internet has changed the game and I hope this thread helps.
Right on! Of course I really want to support local businesses, but I am not going to jump through ridiculous hoops and overpay to do it.

I have a few Ford dealers local to me (within about 10 miles) and to be honest, that's one of the things that makes me happy about looking at the ST: Right now I have a 45-minute drive to the nearest dealer for my current car and that's obnoxious! The closest Ford place to me is 10 minutes away and right on my way to work, that would make my life a lot easier.

So I am hoping to deal with them. But that said, I am not going to hesitate to go further away if the local guys give me a hard time. It's way more important for me to get a good price and to trust the dealership I buy from, than to just save myself a long drive. I will work my way right down the dealer list until I'm satisfied.

Now then... Anyone hit any Ford dealers in Eastern Mass? I am hoping someone has had a good experience around here!

·
Registered
908 Posts
I've gotten the "can't drive it unless you buy it" speech before. I was looking at a GTI at a dealership in Albany.

I immediately walked out of the dealership.

But in contrast, I have also been handed the keys to a car that I didn't even want to buy, and told to take it out for a spin (alone). When the Nissan Juke came out, I went to a dealer to see if it was as ugly in real like as it was in the pictures, and without talking to me the dealer just handed me some keys and told me to take it for a drive. I was 19 at the time, and he didn't even come with.

That was a fun drive.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I've had that, I test drove an 08 Mustang GT at my dealership since I was thinking of getting a new car at the time. No questions really, just here is the keys, take it for a spin. Decided not to buy it but still they were nice about it. It was a stick too and I did stall it in the lot but after that I was fine.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Nye Ford, Oneida NY. They have been on it from the get go. now I did give them a nudge about the car, but they had the order in ASSP and have been ahead of the info compared to other dealers. They also made Ford aware that there were glitches in the system when trying to order my ST.
Great info. I live out in Hamilton and will give Nye a try. I'm interested in the ST3 package. What package did you get? Can you let me know what price you got? Thanks!

Reactions: Rev.Hammer

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
...and without talking to me the dealer just handed me some keys and told me to take it for a drive. I was 19 at the time, and he didn't even come with....
It must have been pretty ugly. ;)

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Great info. I live out in Hamilton and will give Nye a try. I'm interested in the ST3 package. What package did you get? Can you let me know what price you got? Thanks!
PM me for contact info. I ordered a ST2 and paid X Plan price.

Reactions: Americarsftw

·
Registered
140 Posts
Damerow Ford in Beaverton, OR. The dealership as a whole tries to mark up a few grand over MSRP, but I dealt with Kyoshi (internet sales) and ordered an ST2 for invoice pricing. I don't recommend Damerow if you're a walk-in, but Kyoshi played it straight with no BS. No other local dealers would seriously negotiate price via e-mail.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts