Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Replaced both front sensors and it still didn't fix the issue. Should I replace the rear sensors even though they weren't touched? Any ideas? I assume the sensors have to be the issue. What else could cause similar symptoms? It's driving me nuts.....no pun intended.
Jason

Did you take it to the dealer? Its not just the sensor, its the pigtail as well... Let them spend the time to fix it. Its under warranty.

Just took my ST to the dealer today for the exact symptoms you described. They wcouldnt figure it out and got me a rental. Now I can call them up Monday and tell them how to fix my car. Chad you sir are the man! So glad I looked in here!
Glad to help.

·
Registered
64 Posts
So, according to Ford, it's the wheel bearing for me, not the sensor. Apparently the tone sensor is built into our wheel bearings and isn't the traditional type tone ring. It will be replaced Friday. I'll report back if it fixed the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
having a similar problem with mine... while cruising on the highway on multiple occasions my Brake light, ABS light and Stability light have all flashed and then gone off. any help if appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
So here's my case... im in a 2016 Focus ST still under warranty... less than 10,000 miles on it and all of the above described details happen the other night in this order... 1st i get a message pops up saying "Hill Start Assist Failure" , then ABS light followed by Traction Control light with an Exclamation point! This all happens while i am ordering some drive thru from MCdonalds then as i drive out the drive through i notice steering is not normal... hard 2 turn and i end up Curbing my back right Tire and then Every light possible on my dash lights up... and as i start to drive i notice both my Digital Speedometer and Analong are displaying "0" mph... when im clearly doing at least 45 to 50... Any how... i end up dropping it off 1st thing next day with the dealer... they had it for 4 days and when i went to pick it up... they tell me its fixed and it was the speed sensor or sensors..... so i hop in start her up and off i go only to get down the block and it all happens again... WTF:?: IM HEATED!!! took it right back and blew my top in the process.... so im out a car... its still in the shop.... and its only got 9,480 miles on it.... WHAT SHOULD I DO??? FORD EDITED.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine did something similar today... Started off saying Steering assist was unavailable.. no speedo... tach kept falling off..Idling like crap... And something on the engine was chirping. Limp it it home... Pull in the driveway then I get the hill assist unavailable... Had to push the ignition a few times to shut it off. It started RIGHT back up... Tried to access my Cobb AP... And it wasn't reading the ecu... Kept telling me it was trying to connect. Unplugged the AP.... Shut my car off​ again.... Restarted and everything is fine 😭😭

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new here! I have a 2013 ST with over 110,000 miles on it. Recently replaced a front wheel bearing and front brakes. My ABS and traction control lights have been on since then. I replaced one ABS sensor that I thought I may have damaged during the wheel bearing replacement, but no change. My question is, does the wheel bearing have any type of tone ring for the ABS? I'm thinking I may have installed it backwards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new here! I have a 2013 ST with over 110,000 miles on it. Recently replaced a front wheel bearing and front brakes. My ABS and traction control lights have been on since then. I replaced one ABS sensor that I thought I may have damaged during the wheel bearing replacement, but no change. My question is, does the wheel bearing have any type of tone ring for the ABS? I'm thinking I may have installed it backwards.
Did you ever figure this one out. I did the exact same thing?

41 - 52 of 52 Posts