Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer told me last week that the pre-order deadline was this past Friday (6/8/12). Is this true? They also wanted $5k down as a deposit, which also doesn't seem right to me after reading on here that most are asking between $500 and $1k. The dealer I was talking to is a small, local dealer named Beaman Ford in Dickson, TN. I assume I would be better off going to a larger dealer that carries more inventory. This will be the first car I have ever pre-ordered so I, like many others, am completely new to this.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
I don't think they are even past their 1000 pre order mark flametail....

I suspect, and someone correct me, but order banks will be open until late this year (Nov/Dec). So I would say they are BS'ing you.

I would walk from this dealer, and "go past go" and collect another dealer.. lol (Monopoly joke) If you don't mind traveling 50 miles to a dealer, look else where for sure!

You should be able to pre-order with less than $1000 down deposit. But as you read in the spread sheet, people are getting a lot better than that.

Good luck.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a feeling this was the case, they also only wanted to take $5500 for my 04 RX-8 when I wanted to trade it in towards the preorder of an ST when I knew all they wanted to do was drop $2k in it and sell it for $10k. Heck, the car only had 73k miles on it! lol.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Dealers usually low ball it on their first offer. Hell they offer me $6000 dollars on my trade for a 09 Smart car with 5000 miles on it. The car was worth 10-11K.. lmao. So that is normal. You might consider selling it yourself before you get the ST.

Work it man... You'll find the deal you want :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'd go to another dealer that wasn't full of crap. The 1000 preorders are most certainly not full, these forums are not a representative of the excitement of the average person for this car.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Based on what I've heard, your dealer is 'correct'. The "pre-orders" have concluded, and they are retail orders now. This doesn't mean that you don't get the go-pro as you're still placing an order before the car comes out, and I'm fairly certain they are still under the 1000 mark.

This is based off of what my dealer told me on the 6th when I placed my order.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Asking for that kind of deposit money is crazy! Especially, given that we don't know a projected delivery date as of yet. Find another dealer.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I bought my first car from Beaman in Nashville and will not buy another car from them. They were a nightmare to deal with during and after the purchase. PM me and I will give you the information from the dealership and sales person that I ordered my car from. It is in Mount Juliet, but it would be well worth the Drive from White Bluff. I grew up in Fairview, so I know that drive is a good distance away, but its the best Ford dealership I have ever dealt with.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought my first car from Beaman in Nashville and will not buy another car from them. They were a nightmare to deal with during and after the purchase. PM me and I will give you the information from the dealership and sales person that I ordered my car from. It is in Mount Juliet, but it would be well worth the Drive from White Bluff. I grew up in Fairview, so I know that drive is a good distance away, but its the best Ford dealership I have ever dealt with.

I'm gonna go to Town and Country in Madison Friday. My ex-wife and I bought our Fiesta from there and had great service. The sales rep I talked to yesterday told me they'll take $500 for a deposit on Friday so hopefully I'll be able to order it then...just gotta get my X-Plan info by then.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm gonna go to Town and Country in Madison Friday. My ex-wife and I bought our Fiesta from there and had great service. The sales rep I talked to yesterday told me they'll take $500 for a deposit on Friday so hopefully I'll be able to order it then...just gotta get my X-Plan info by then.
Cool. That is where we bought the Mustang from and they were pretty easy to work with. I'd buy another car from them if Two Rivers wasn't so good to me.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well Town and Country said they can't order another ST until July. He said they met their allocation of having one ordered for the dealership this month. I guess I'll just wait until next month and order it...or end up waiting until they are released and order one then.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
What!? My dealership has ordered three so far and they are a relatively small town dealership.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I give up since apparently Ford dealers around here are full of tards. I'll just wait until they are released to order one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ordered for a 100.00 deposit in terre haute in. Does anybody have a hint about delivery dates. I talked to Ford on another issue and tried to invoke a hint but they were elusive tosay the least.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts