·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Yes.

Chad

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Actually many dealers (especially smaller ones) will insist that you leave some sort of deposit when ordering a car from them. It helps them know you are serious if its the first time you've ever bought a car from them, so they aren't ordering cars for just anyone. Otherwise they could end up getting stuck with a car with some weird option list or something that no one else would want.

It's not that big of a deal, it just means you wouldn't need to plop down quite as big of a down payment later. A $500 deposit isn't really all that much anyway...about 1 car payment.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
It seems there is some debate on this. They need good faith money? Does Ford Mo. Co. Require it, or is it a dealers wife's tale?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Actually many dealers (especially smaller ones) want or even require you to leave a deposit. It helps them know you are serious if its the first time you've ever bought a car from them. It's not that big of a deal, it just means you wouldn't need to put down quite as big of a down payment later.
Yeah! I don't give money up, until 'sign on the dotted line' day! My dealer is fairly small also. In fact, to them it was no different, then ordering any other car! Which, is the way it should be! We're not talking Ferrari's and Lambo's here! lol

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
It seems there is some debate on this. They need good faith money? Does Ford Mo. Co. Require it, or is it a dealers wife's tale?
It just depends on your dealer, your relationship with them, how bad they want your business, and if they are afraid of losing the sale. I'm sure there are lots of dealers that would order a car with no deposit, but I'm not going skip over a dealer simply because they want a deposit. It's just not that big of a deal.

The Ford dealer I ordered from is about 2 minutes from my house, and it is simply way more convenient than driving to the next closest Ford dealership 35 minutes away. So I really don't mind if they require a few hundred dollar deposit before placing a vehicle order.

Also, sorry about my post edits, I forget stuff and always see typos haha

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
I didn't have to.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay thanks guys that was helpful, I planned on putting down a good down payment when I could get ahold of one. I just wanted to know if I should expect to put it down when I order the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts