Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Life is good when my toughest decision is deciding on Tuxedo White or Performance Blue. I call this a luxury issue :p

I'm considering Tuxedo White because I've never had a white car before. I hear they are easier to keep clean than darker paint colors. I also hear that it hides scratches better and the paint doesn't swirl. I think it would be cool to have white because the car interior won't be as hot.

I like the look of performance blue. I would love to see it in person. I was hoping it was a very dark blue. I already have a blue car which I'm trading in. Performance Blue looks great on a Focus RS. It's my favorite color on those cars. I'm thinking it shows dirt and imperfections/scratches much easier.

What would you do? I am making a pre-order today.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I went with Performance Blue. I wanted something a little fun, but not too crazy (TS). White is a bit too boring, and the only white cars I really like are VWs. I keep seeing great photos of Performance Blue, and everyday I feel better about my decision.

Here are some favorites:
blue.jpg

·
Registered
753 Posts
I went with performance blue myself but my last 4 cars have been blue :) I also don't want Arrest me Red and the Tangerine scream looks a little too yellow for me. I find white and silver boring colors for a car. Black would be cool, easier to black out the car with rims, light covers, window tint. Even after you order I believe you can change your mind, up until the create the VIN, then your locked in on options.

Reactions: Americarsftw

·
Registered
547 Posts
Life is good when my toughest decision is deciding on Tuxedo White or Performance Blue. I call this a luxury issue :p

I'm considering Tuxedo White because I've never had a white car before. I hear they are easier to keep clean than darker paint colors. I also hear that it hides scratches better and the paint doesn't swirl. I think it would be cool to have white because the car interior won't be as hot.

I like the look of performance blue. I would love to see it in person. I was hoping it was a very dark blue. I already have a blue car which I'm trading in. Performance Blue looks great on a Focus RS. It's my favorite color on those cars. I'm thinking it shows dirt and imperfections/scratches much easier.

What would you do? I am making a pre-order today.
Yes, you are right. With medium to dark colors, you see chips and scratches very easily. I had a medium red car with a lot of highway miles and the front-end looked frosted/speckled after 20,000 mi. It was hard to keep up with touch-up paint. Of course you can can a clear 3M or XPEL bra on the front. Also, medium/dark colors tend to look shiny only if they have been cleaned or waxed recently. Any type of layer of dirt/dust/pollen takes away from the shine.

The performance blue is not dark...more of a medium blue, similar to the Subaru WRB.

Both of those are the reasons I picked silver...low maintenance and it always looks decent. White is similar, but I think it shows road dirt/tar more easily.

·
Registered
778 Posts
The Performance Blue does look like a very nice color. I would like to see it in person. The only reason I'm not going with PB is the same reason I'm not getting Tuxedo Black (all the reasons you mentioned above). After owning 3 black cars (and one red) I'm ready for something a little easier to maintain and won't show scratches etc. (I can't stand that!)

So, it's Oxford White for me. And in my opinion the ST looks great in any of the colors. And, if you want to add a little spice to the white, you could always get the Tangerine Scream interior in the ST2 package. :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Let's put it this way: White is boring. Dull. Generic. You'll blend in with the sea of grey/silver/white/black cars.

Blue will stand out. The car will distinguish itself. It's the reason why Cadillac and Lexus have such beautiful metallic reds, they want the cars to stand out.

Sure, Blue will require a little more effort to keep clean, but white will ABSOLUTELY show dirt too. Silver/grey is the only thing that really hides it. White never really appears "rich" looking, even when clean. It's just white. Nothing will make you feel better than a properly clean and waxed bold color like performance blue.

Out of the colors for the Focus ST, Race Red is too... red. Tangerine Scream is too yellow. Silver/White/Black are dull. Performance Blue is absolutely the color of choice.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so I didn't know this but my sister got her Mustang from this dealership.

She had a nightmare experience with them. They even put repaired tires on her 2012 which is nothing compared to the other shit she just told me.

I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
I get it. I'd do the same. Plenty of other dealers to choose from.

On the go - Via TapTalk

·
Registered
547 Posts
Color was the hardest decision for me. Package wise was easy. ST3 was a no brainer! I originaly ordered tuxedo black. Then I sat in the parking lot looking at all the cars sitting side by side for hours. I love all the colors!!!! I went with white. White is the easiest maint wise. White is fashionable nowa days. Plus, all the black up front(grill,lights) stands out more than the other cars. BTW TS is more orange then yellow.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes I've decided on ST3. I need to shop around to see who will do X-plan pricing to get my business. I have to get a PIN unless a salesperson lets me use one of theirs. I do have some Ford Stock so I think that makes me eligible

Color was the hardest decision for me. Package wise was easy. ST3 was a no brainer! I originaly ordered tuxedo black. Then I sat in the parking lot looking at all the cars sitting side by side for hours. I love all the colors!!!! I went with white. White is the easiest maint wise. White is fashionable nowa days. Plus, all the black up front(grill,lights) stands out more than the other cars. BTW TS is more orange then yellow.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I feel the same way. ST3 is mandatory, no sunroof, just need to decide on color. I want blue, but the other colors are nice too. Silver would be too easy to maintain... lol White is like you said fashionable. Red is drawing me too, my ST nation web default is red lol.

·
Registered
241 Posts
If anyone is unsure on color or choice between two, I highly suggest going over to focusfanatics forums and finding the thread that has pictures in the color of your car. I was most impressed with the white doing this, and I've always purchased black cars before. So I changed my order from silver which I found bland to white.

Now I must admit the color I *really* wanted was the dark grey that is available for the 2012 focus titaniums but not the ST.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree on the Oxford White. I love the way the grille pops and the red ST badge looks on the front and rear.

Damn, white or blue white or blue. It may come down to flipping a coin.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts