1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I think we won't get any more info until April 2nd.
Agreed. If you look at the dates for the 2013 Taurus, today was the day for "The anticipated date for retail scheduling" and low and behold, the 2013 Taurus page was updated. April 2nd seems like a good bet. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see more info come out at the Geneva Motor Show.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think this might actually be close to the truth. The New York auto show starts April 4th, and it seems like more than a coincidence that the two dates are so close.

Or I could be just jonesing for some real news and hoping this is it

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Idk, have you guys checked out the ST facebook page? All signs point to "something" happening soon. Again, whether soon is a week or a month, we really don't know

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
I agree with you petraman, they do point to something happening soon. But Soon can be well within a month.

Its likely that we will see the 2013 mustang go up on the product page before the Focus ST.

What is interesting is when I was at the dealer, they had the 2013 Escape ordering guide. Now the 2013 Escape is NOT up yet on the build it product page.

I will have to call my contact within the dealer to ask about the ordering guide. :) Because it seems that we will be able to see that before the product page goes live for the Focus ST.

....Just a thought....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ford hasn't handled the Focus ST introduction very well. It'll be nearly 2 years from when Ford showed the then 2012 Focus ST until it is finally on the road as a 2013 model. That's far too long. Their social media is a joke. No offense to Lisa, I know she's limited on what she can say. But when people ask when the car will be available, saying "later this year" is really a piss poor answer. If you don't want to, or can't give information on the car, don't create a Facebook account for the car until that info is available. The same thing goes with the new Fusion, only worse. So with all this said, with them saying an announcement will be "very soon", I wouldn't hold my breath. They very well may make us wait until April 2nd.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Maybe

Here is a quote from Facebook on the Ford ST section:

"Any idea when the build and price feature will be available for the ST? I noticed the '13 mustang isn't even posted yet and you can preorder it."

Response from the Ford ST representative

"US Build and Price will go live in the spring when order banks open."

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
That does not include the ordering guide that should be available to dealers soon...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Being a month before pre orders, for which I am still debating whether to pre order, one might want a little information like price, mpg, ect. I'm getting a little excited sorry. Just thinking out loud again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts