Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, So i unfortunately wont be getting a st right now as I am still in school and need to pay off some of the loans before i take out another one, thinking two years or so, what kind of price do you think I will be paying in two years for a 2013? I have seen that usually after a couple years the price is about $5000 cheaper for the other focus's, think this will be the same for the st?

·
Registered
284 Posts
We can all dream and make believe that the ST will appreciate like some Ferraris but it's probably going to be close to the standard 15% per year depreciation.

·
Registered
332 Posts
We can all dream and make believe that the ST will appreciate like some Ferraris but it's probably going to be
close to the standard 15% per year depreciation.
do you know if the ST will be a recurring model like the GTI, or a once-in-a-while model like the R line (R32, GTI-R).

If it's recurring I bet it'd depreciate as normal. If it's limited, might be a little higher.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Probably recurring. Like the GTI, WRX, MS3 ect. I think the RS is more likely to be more limited like the R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
+1 for the Rev

If you are on a tight budget, just wait a couple of years and buy a used one with low miles.

Reactions: Rev.Hammer

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
+1 for the Rev

If you are on a tight budget, just wait a couple of years and buy a used one with low miles.
Exactly what I'm thinking, who knows maybe i could even buy one from someone off the forms! I just worry with a car like the st i dont want to buy one with low miles but the person drove it like it was stolen the whole time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am thinking about getting one used around January or February, I am hoping there will be some available with a little bit low of a price with descent options. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
The RS may be out in a couple of years. That would be a good time to catch people selling their ST to upgrade to the RS. I think it will be a rare case anyone is ready to sell in January, especially ST3 owners. The ST could catch on with the general public by January or February and increase demand, and if that happens, the dealer selling price could actually go up. X-Plan would help, but if demand is high, many dealers may choose not to participate.

Reactions: oaxa

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I don't think very many people will sell their car after only having it a few months.
Actually, you will be amazed at the number of people that will ditch a car after only a couple thousand miles. A very good friend of mine wanted a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 fully loaded in Silver and 6 months after it hit the dealerships he bought one in Indiana just like he wanted and it had 2100 miles on it. and that was one of 5.

However, I will say that chance favors the bold and have your money and your search engines ready..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am sure there will be some used a couple months after, people buy cars and realize they can't pay for it or they lose their job and have to give it up, happens all the time

1 - 13 of 13 Posts