Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
No one really knows yet. Some people's dealers are saying production starts in July or August, but no one knows for sure. I have my dealer talking to a ford rep tomorrow to see if the first 1000 reservations are taken yet and if they know an ETA on to ST.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay thanks, do you know if ford plans on mass producing or rolling off the number of preorders?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Okay thanks, do you know if ford plans on mass producing or rolling off the number of preorders?
Retail orders (typically starting with priority '1') usually get the opportunity to be factory scheduled earlier from what I remember, with dealer stocking orders (typically starting with priority '2') right behind. I would imagine the first STs produced would be to fill the retail pre-orders, but its hard to say, as some dealers may get their stocking ST order filled if they have no retail order. I also remember hearing something about no dealer retail allocation for STs...if that's the case then retail orders would not impact their stocking orders and they would be produced concurrently.

I remember hearing somewhere about the first ones being delivered in late August, but I don't think that was from an official Ford source or anything. We likely won't know for sure until people start getting their VINS and factory scheduling starts so dealers can track the order status.

·
Registered
547 Posts
My dealership told me that dealership orders have higher priority. I did happen to drive an ST last night at work. It's a sweet car! I like the feel of the recaros. I like more lower seat adjustment though. It had the ST3 package. Brakes are are sweet. The clutch is soft, and easy. Engages right off the firewall. The engine and exhaust sounds sweet! Just thought I'd tease a few of you. lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
My dealership told me that dealership orders have higher priority. I did happen to drive an ST last night at work. It's a sweet car! I like the feel of the recaros. I like more lower seat adjustment though. It had the ST3 package. Brakes are are sweet. The clutch is soft, and easy. Engages right off the firewall. The engine and exhaust sounds sweet! Just thought I'd tease a few of you. lol
elnorte - this is a big tease. Tell us a little more!! :yay: In what capacity are you functioning that gives you access to pre-production ST's? And based on your first hand experience, how far along would you say the ST is to reaching a final production phase? :thumb:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I am toughly jealous that you got to drive one! Can we get some more insight on the first experience? And my dealership seems a bit out of the loop right now because everything I've learned on here alone was mostly news to them. I might as well get one ordered. Does anyone know the cutoff date for order the ST?

·
Registered
20 Posts
did you drive a TT or a PP? PPs sound better....

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
each batch gets a little better as final parts become available. bits that effect powertrain sound are more up-to-date on later build.
It was a pp. I drove one just like I ordered last night. Pp means were getting closer! These cars will be fleet tested first.

·
Registered
148 Posts
elnorte - how much seat time did you get. Was it just moving the prototype around the lot, over the road, on the proving grounds? And what about the exhaust note? Everyone is talking about the 4 cylinder sound vs. the extreme note of the original 5 cylinder?

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
The wheels look tiny!

Reactions: sk8parker94

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
I see you in the front fender!

·
Registered
547 Posts
elnorte - how much seat time did you get. Was it just moving the prototype around the lot, over the road, on the proving grounds? And what about the exhaust note? Everyone is talking about the 4 cylinder sound vs. the extreme note of the original 5 cylinder?

·
Registered
148 Posts
elnorte - you hot :xxx:! I don't believe you pulled off the video. Deep throaty exhaust note - plus I loved seeing the boost gauge in the instrument cluster. Nice job! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 425 Posts