Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opinions?

Personally, I don't like it. I feel like it would make me feel less connected to the car. Inserting a key and turning it just makes me happy...and the ST won't have that. It makes me kinda sad.

Not to mention feeling like I was forgetting something all the time (even though you still have to carry around that mock key thing).

·
Registered
241 Posts
I actually really like the idea of a push button start. I believe it will be standard on all cars in the future......

Although I agree it will be a bit weird not carrying around a "key" to unlock the doors. I suppose I haven't actually used a key to unlock a door that had remote locks anyways though.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
I have the keyless system on my Titanium. It took some getting use to. Now the problem I have is when I drive my wife's car without!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Same boat as Shomare; once you have lived without ever touching your keys to do anything, driving a different car is like stepping into a time machine set for the 1980's. I rent cars a lot for work and every time I get in one I instinctively bash the dashboard where my push button is on my focus to no avail :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah my wifes car is push button start and I've test driven several new cars that all have it standard now. I recently test drove a GTI base that used a regular key. I looked at the sales guy when he handed it to me and said what the hell is this?

Push button is the way to go, cleaner look, no dangling keys hanging and digging in pockets.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Once you go push button, you'll never go back. I have it on my titanium and LOVE it. Don't want another car without it now. Put keys in pocket in morning, and forget about it. Awesome feature. :thumbup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have push button on my car now and love it! Has it made me more lazy? probably...but I still love it!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have it in my BMW; not in the Focus. Six of one; half dozen of the other. I wouldn't specifically pay more for it.

·
4,009 Posts
Radio signal is sent by fob. Sensor reads it and unlocks the door. You have to be within range and have you hand in a certain location.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
So then basically if you locked your doors then wanted to open your door later you just reach out and open it, but if someone else tried it who didn't have the fob in their pocket it wouldn't work? That's kind of cool. Safer than having to dig through your pocket and unlocking your car with a keyless remote 10 feet away. Then some shady dude decides to jump in...

·
4,009 Posts
You got it. Can lock it wiout touching the fob too

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What happens if I want to double check to make sure the doors lock?? :confused:

lol

·
4,009 Posts
The horn sounds to confirm. You can do this by pressing the key fob button twice or touching the sensor pad twice.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I do like the idea of a push button start. The key is one of the more annoying things in my current car: dangling on my legs all the time while driving, and especially annoying when wearing shorts. Plus the thigh poking when you sit wrong...not fun.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do like the idea of a push button start. The key is one of the more annoying things in my current car: dangling on my legs all the time while driving, and especially annoying when wearing shorts. Plus the thigh poking when you sit wrong...not fun.
I love my keys. They can be used as a weapon (in more ways than one)...and (like all women) I have a weird obsession with key chains.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The one thing I'll miss is I leave the keys in the ignition when I park in my garage. Keeps them where I need them, I never accidentally wash them, and don't have to go digging through pockets to find them. :) (Good thing I live in a safe neighborhood, as I've accidentally left my garage door open overnight a few times...)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts