Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my dealer has been...less than enthusiastic about replying to e-mails and returning phone calls. Does anyone have a good number to call to get order updates - specifically asking about build date/VIN? TIA.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
My dealer says that the pre orders may have Vin#'s by this Friday.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My dealer says that the pre orders may have Vin#'s by this Friday.
I'm waiting to get my VIN before I give my dealer the notice that I want no more than 7 miles on the odometer, no test drives, no staff drives etc., etc. I'm guessing mine will be the first ST my small dealer receives, so the temptation to "use it" before I get it will be great. If it's the beginning of September, I'll be on the east coast for work, so it could sit there for a week prior to my return. No, experience tells me not to be trusting in their (dealers') intentions.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm waiting to get my VIN before I give my dealer the notice that I want no more than 7 miles on the odometer, no test drives, no staff drives etc., etc. I'm guessing mine will be the first ST my small dealer receives, so the temptation to "use it" before I get it will be great. If it's the beginning of September, I'll be on the east coast for work, so it could sit there for a week prior to my return. No, experience tells me not to be trusting in their (dealers') intentions.
Sometimes vehicles are selected at random at the plant for quality assurance drives which put a few more than 7 miles on them. Also, being driven around the shipping yards can also put miles on. Dealers have no control over it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts