Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, check out this quick video of our CAI on our ST:

Just a couple down and dirty quick sound clips of Steeda's Cold Air Intake for the 2013 Ford Focus ST. To keep up to date when this intake will be available, and other Focus ST goodies, make sure to follow us on Facebook or Twitter!

·
Registered
288 Posts
It's been removed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's been removed.
Fixed, sorry about that!

Looks more like ram air vs cold Air to me
It is indeed a cold air intake. The heat shield seals off to the hood (using CAD data from Ford) and pulls cold air from inside the fender, as well as taking advantage of the cars built in ram air system in the front grille. You'll only see about a 10 degree temp increase from the outside air for air intake engine temps. Thus, you're taking in 'cold air'. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Fixed, sorry about that!

It is indeed a cold air intake. The heat shield seals off to the hood (using CAD data from Ford) and pulls cold air from inside the fender, as well as taking advantage of the cars built in ram air system in the front grille. You'll only see about a 10 degree temp increase from the outside air for air intake engine temps. Thus, you're taking in 'cold air'. :)
Oh that's cool Thanks for clarifying that. I've never seen one like that classified as a CAI but the way you explain it makes sense. Plus you don't have to worry about water getting in since it's not in the grille! I'll most likely be buying this lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh that's cool Thanks for clarifying that. I've never seen one like that classified as a CAI but the way you explain it makes sense. Plus you don't have to worry about water getting in since it's not in the grille! I'll most likely be buying this lol
Not a problem! Let me know when you get ready (once it is released) and I'd be glad to help. :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks for fixing the vid. Have you tested for any power gains with this and if so how much?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for fixing the vid. Have you tested for any power gains with this and if so how much?
Not as of yet, we are planning on doing some dyno runs shortly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not a problem! Let me know when you get ready (once it is released) and I'd be glad to help. :)
Sure thing! It would b cool as well if you had a top portion for it in gunmetal like on the mustang one. Not sure how that would affect the performance tho. Just would look nicer lol.

Is there a release by date yet?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sure thing! It would b cool as well if you had a top portion for it in gunmetal like on the mustang one. Not sure how that would affect the performance tho. Just would look nicer lol.

Is there a release by date yet?
Not sure what you mean?

No official release date as of yet, still under testing and development.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Check out our new video of a customer's 2013 Focus ST dynoing with our (still under development) CAI:

2013 Ford Focus ST Dyno Pull Using Steeda Cold Air Intake - YouTube

Dyno pull of a 2013 Ford Focus ST using Steeda Cold Air Intake without tune. Dyno pull using customer car. Steeda's cold air intake for the Focus ST will be available soon at: Ford Focus Performance | Ford Focus Cold Air Intakes | Ford Focus Short Shifters | Ford Focus Lowering Springs | Ford Focus Exhaust

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I assume that's with a factory mount? It's crazy to see how much travel the engine has.

Also, do y'all have any plans of taking the CAI all the way to the turbo?
That's actually with a Steeda mount, so you can imagine how much movement the stock mount had.

Not at this time, I actually posted up about this in another forum asking members for their thoughts: Would you be willing to pay much more (similar to our Mustang CAI kits instead of similar to our '12 Focus CAI) for a CAI with an entire intake tube replacement for very minimal gains instead of the current design?

·
Registered
332 Posts
That's actually with a Steeda mount, so you can imagine how much movement the stock mount had.

Not at this time, I actually posted up about this in another forum asking members for their thoughts: Would you be willing to pay much more (similar to our Mustang CAI kits instead of similar to our '12 Focus CAI) for a CAI with an entire intake tube replacement for very minimal gains instead of the current design?
I came from looking at parts for a Mazda RX-8 previously so spending $350-400 for a full intake would be ok with me. Other companies have said that all the rest does is baffle turbo noise anyways and I wanna hear my turbo screamin!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Personally "much more" for "minimal gains" wouldn't work for me. The ST is all about bang-for-the-buck for me. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Have they posted a price for this one? I haven't seen anything in the thread.
Sorry, I was quoting Brandon at Steeda without actually showing the quote. As in:

Would you be willing to pay much more...for very minimal gains
But no, I haven't seen any real numbers. Since "much more" and "minimal" are very subjective, your mileage my vary. Again, just my $0.02.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts