Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well boys, today my coworker and I had to pick up an engineer from the Wayne assembly plant who is part of the st program. on our ride back to the complex in dearborn I got some good digging in and I have lots of news.

First. St3 HID delay answerd ? After I picked and prodded the gentleman he opened up and told me the reason for the HID delay was do to the lenses acting like a magnifying glass in the sunlight and burning the reflective coating inside the housing. He tells me that a cover over the top of the housing is being fitted to these headlights and that it should not set back production for this package by more than 2-3 weeks.

2. Production date ? I also found out that they are holding a meeting next Tuesday for final production stages and that "our" ST's will start to be built on the 30th of this month ! He said we will more than likely be driving our cars this September :)

3. Last but not least. We WILL be getting the outrageous focus RS in the comming years here in the US!!! Not to many details on this other than ford has every intention of bringing the brawler of the focus world to us in the future ;)

I hope this excites some of you as it did me !

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
New of the RS excites me. If Ford sees fit to sell it here, I'll have to order one for sure.

·
Registered
753 Posts
This sounds excellent, if Ford releases the RS here that would be awesome. Hopefully I have time to pay off the ST :)

Reactions: Americarsftw

·
Registered
547 Posts
Well boys, today my coworker and I had to pick up an engineer from the Wayne assembly plant who is part of the st program. on our ride back to the complex in dearborn I got some good digging in and I have lots of news.

First. St3 HID delay answerd ? After I picked and prodded the gentleman he opened up and told me the reason for the HID delay was do to the lenses acting like a magnifying glass in the sunlight and burning the reflective coating inside the housing. He tells me that a cover over the top of the housing is being fitted to these headlights and that it should not set back production for this package by more than 2-3 weeks.

2. Production date ? I also found out that they are holding a meeting next Tuesday for final production stages and that "our" ST's will start to be built on the 30th of this month ! He said we will more than likely be driving our cars this September :)

3. Last but not least. We WILL be getting the outrageous focus RS in the comming years here in the US!!! Not to many details on this other than ford has every intention of bringing the brawler of the focus world to us in the future ;)

I hope this excites some of you as it did me !
That's great info! Thank you! My boss told me production starts on Sunday the 29th. Same difference imo. Glad to hear about the clear up on the HID's. I have asked everyone I know except ST engineers, and no one knows anything about it. I think thats a good thing, suggesting that it's a quick fix. Good stuff!!! Now if we can get our damn vin#'s so we can start tracking our cars.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Sweet! Why couldn't Ford just give us this info directly? Glad to hear the delay won't be more than a month, and that production could start in less than 2 weeks! People could see deliveries as early as the last weeks in August, and the ST 3 could be out before October.
Can't wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he also informed me that this car is rock solid and all the bugs are worked out (other than the HID delay of course) and the car has been problem free for the past few months. he told me most of the st engineer team has either orderd one of the cars or plans to. that says a lot about the impact this car will make if the team designing it is jumping into one the first year it is released . :yay:

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
FordRSNation.com

;)

Chad

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
...he told me most of the st engineer team has either orderd one of the cars or plans to. that says a lot about the impact this car will make if the team designing it is jumping into one the first year it is released ....:
When the chef eats his own dishes.....very telling indeed

·
Registered
29 Posts
The RS will come to North America if Ford N.A. can make a profit on it, & secondly if the ST sells + makes a profit in North America this will help make a case for the RS.

·
Registered
869 Posts
ATX Eric,

Great to hear there will be another ST nearby. What configuration did you order?

Thanks,

[email protected]
Hi Evan,

ST2 in TS. In fact, Braden was the one that "made me" get TS instead of blue. Not acceptable to have two blue ones running around in the same 'hood. ;)

I drive home next to your guy with the Pulsar every now and then. No mistaking that car.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts