Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of the features I really like in my wife's VW. It cools down the backseat for the kids much more quickly that it would otherwise.

I'm not expecting them (VW is the only one I know of that does this in the back of the center console - and thus at good height for actual passengers), but would be nice if they were there.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Nope. Unfortunately it doesn't. Wish it did though. Back cools pretty quickly without them though. :thumbup:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Josh. Given that you live in the same climate as me (roughly), that's good to hear. I keep finding info on the old Focus that says there are vents under the seats, at least.

Is that true with these cars as well, that you know of?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Here is what I've learned with my car. The Focus has a "Max AC" button on the right side that puts it on 60° and circulation blowing through main vents. When i get in car at first, i roll all windows down and vent sunroof then start driving with the AC on whatever setting it was on when i parked. Then after a minute or so, i roll all windows up and hit the Max AC button. This seems to cool everything down pretty quickly cuz you've removed all hot air before recirculating. Then once everything cools down , hit the Max AC button again and it returns to your original settings (always have mine on 72° auto). Works great. :thumbup:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is what I've learned with my car. The Focus has a "Max AC" button on the right side that puts it on 60° and circulation blowing through main vents. When i get in car at first, i roll all windows down and vent sunroof then start driving with the AC on whatever setting it was on when i parked. Then after a minute or so, i roll all windows up and hit the Max AC button. This seems to cool everything down pretty quickly cuz you've removed all hot air before recirculating. Then once everything cools down , hit the Max AC button again and it returns to your original settings (always have mine on 72° auto). Works great. :thumbup:
I'm assuming that works till its 108 out?

Someone on another forum mentioned that at a certain point it feels like you're attending your own BBQ with the windows down. ;)

Thank you for the tip(s), though.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
There are rear vent in the Focus. Hidden but they are there. If you slide the driver's seat or the passenger's seat all the way forward, you will be able to see them. Off the top of my head, there are three or four tubes under each seat that supply heated or cooled air to the back seat passengers.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are rear vent in the Focus. Hidden but they are there. If you slide the driver's seat or the passenger's seat all the way forward, you will be able to see them. Off the top of my head, there are three or four tubes under each seat that supply heated or cooled air to the back seat passengers.
Thank you. That's what I had read about the previous generation. Good to know they're still there. Nice to not have the kids overheat (or overheat less).

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'm assuming that works till its 108 out?

Someone on another forum mentioned that at a certain point it feels like you're attending your own BBQ with the windows down. ;)

Thank you for the tip(s), though.
Notice i said only for a minute! Lol
Its getting there now as far as outside temps go. The other day i got in car and it felt like a sauna with all the humidity. Rolled down windows and started driving and think it might have actually gotten more hot in car. Lol. Temp read out was at 114° when got in, but settled to a coooool 99° once driving :eek: Focus AC petty good once you get rolling though.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Notice i said only for a minute! Lol
Its getting there now as far as outside temps go. The other day i got in car and it felt like a sauna with all the humidity. Rolled down windows and started driving and think it might have actually gotten more hot in car. Lol. Temp read out was at 114° when got in, but settled to a coooool 99° once driving :eek: Focus AC petty good once you get rolling though.
This ^ coupled with the vents under the seats may make my wife happy about the Focus more since she hates the way it looks. :)

Her black/black VW is brutal starting, as you said, about this time of year. I always think that around mid-June those of us in the warmer parts of the world must feel something like what it feels like in Michigan around Halloween (if not sooner). There's an impending sense of doom about the coming 10-12 weeks and the depression sets in.

You know you will get sunburned, your garden is scorched, you can't go outside, your electric bills are huge, and you can't even enjoy a drink outside on the weekend because its still 95 degrees at 10pm.

:shakeshead:

Okay, snapping out of it! lol.

I gotta go drive a Veloster Turbo so I can (probably) preorder my Focus now. :)

Thanks again, y'all. You've been very helpful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts