Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker, but just registered to try and get some help. I was rear ended about a month ago, and finally got everything sorted with the insurance to drop my car off to get it fixed next week. But I was wondering if some of you could help me by looking at your cars for me and maybe posting some pictures.

The bulk of the impact hit the hatch. The bumper is also pretty messed up. I am starting to think I have some frame damage though. I took it in for the initial estimate and they only quoted for the hatch and bumper cover. The other would be hidden damage that would show up after they tear it apart. I was looking at the spot at the bottom back of the rear doors today and noticed something looked off there. There is a pretty big gap between the height of the door and the pointy part of the rear quarter panels where they come together in front of the tire. I dont remember it being this way before but dont have any pics to compare it to. If you could look at your cars and let me know if it is flush on yours that would be great.

I already know that the rear quarter panels are messed up. Both tail lights are sitting in the wrong spot. They are pushed forward slightly. The inside of the hatch where the weather strip is, is bent inwards. And i noticed today that there are slightly buckled spots on both sides of my roof and that the roof liner is hanging down on the hatch area, like you can kind of see between it and the roof where before it was up behind the weather stripping. Also the car is occasionally bogging down like it is going to die when its in neutral or right after i crank it whuch it didnt do before. I took my car to get the tires rotated the other day and they checked the alignment and told me all four wheels are toed out as well. I just had an alignment done a few months ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a pic of the area in question. Its hard to see unless you zoom in, but if you compare where the bottom corner of the door sits, it sticks out about 1/4 inch compared to the pointy part. Its this way on both sides so i dont k ow if thats the way it came or if both sides got equally bent in in the impact. I was hit dead center in the back so it is possible I guess.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts