Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... so ive watched the videos and read all the reviews... im gonna replace that rear motor mount once and for all... what I just want to know is... what you all have done... brand... cobb or other... and your personal opinion of installation and what it has done for your Ford Focus ST.... very truly yours... Tony from the midwest!!!

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
There is a TSB. The TSB fix works for most folks. If you are building the motor and plan big power gains, then aftermarket is the way to go. CP-E makes the best RMM IMO

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
The TSB was for '13 ST's and early'14 builds.
I've heard Boomba has the best bang for the buck.
Good Luck

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I recommend the cp-e stage2 RMM. Their mount is a two-piece design that works very well. It is also made from EPDM instead of silicone which I think works much better. Boomba also has a two-piece design, but I have not used it. I believe the RMM is the single best mod I've done to my ST.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
went in for TSB... they told me it was only for 2013 models... Mine is a 14... I believe June or so .. but I didn't argue... Ill have to look under to see if it is the old or new style.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
your the first to have anything bad to say about it.. .what exactly you mean by sluggish clutch if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recommend the cp-e stage2 RMM. Their mount is a two-piece design that works very well. It is also made from EPDM instead of silicone which I think works much better. Boomba also has a two-piece design, but I have not used it. I believe the RMM is the single best mod I've done to my ST.
I agree for many reasons. First off the CPE RMM being a two-piece design replaces the factory bushing between the lower transmission bracket and the rear motor mount. This is an important piece to making a rear motor mount work well and over a long period of time. Having use the Cobb rear motor mount previously, I found that the center bushing between the lower transmission bracket and the rear Motor mount failed after about 25k miles. This was due to the added stress put on that bushing with the other motor mounts remaining soft and providing continued vertical and horizontal movement under load.

After replacing both the TSMM and PSMM I was still receiving harsh NVH at deceleration. Once I replaced the one piece rmm with the cpe two piece, I have had no issues and the car is steady as a rock. I cannot comment for the cpe by itself without changing both upper mounts as well, but it is clear that a two piece rmm is best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
After replacing both the TSMM and PSMM I was still receiving harsh NVH at deceleration. Once I replaced the one piece rmm with the cpe two piece, I have had no issues and the car is steady as a rock. I cannot comment for the cpe by itself without changing both upper mounts as well, but it is clear that a two piece rmm is best.

Which TSMM and PSMM did you go with?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ultimately went with TTR for both. They balance very nicely. I had a jbr TSMM and it fit like crap. Created all sorts of banging and popping. It simply did not fit right. Replaced with ttr to match the PSMM and never looked back....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks great! Thanks man! Trying to get a parts list going so I can start putting money aside for some mods I want to do. Nothing too crazy yet since it is my daily.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts