Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past 3 times I have tried to refuel my car I have experienced what I believe to be as "venting" problems. I can add about 2 or 3 bucks worth then the pump clicks off (like the tank is full). I tried 3 different pumps from the same gas station and all do the same thing, after the initial few bucks I can barely get .50 cents in or so without it stopping. I have read some online articles that claim there is a problem with the evap canister system... Car is still under warranty but I just don't see the dealer taking this matter seriously, I'm sure to get the "well did you try a different station, or are you sure you have the nozzle in right?" Etc, Etc. I know they aren't going to take it and put gas in it, god forbid they give me back a penny of what I paid for it. Anyone else had this problem? I have a 14" ST 1.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hey Hotach. Not what you want to hear, but you owe it to yourself to try another station to be absolutely sure. You're gonna need fuel anyway ;-) I had this type of problem on my prior car (not on the ST) and sympathize with how annoying it is. Your only options at the time of the issue may be to pump reallllly slowly (no patience for that) or move on. I moved on and didn't have the problem at the next station or other stations in the future. Hope this helps. Let us know how this turns out!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually just got a P04055 Evap large leak code on my way home from work... I will bet the farm that is part of the problem.
Hey Hotach. Not what you want to hear, but you owe it to yourself to try another station to be absolutely sure. You're gonna need fuel anyway ;-) I had this type of problem on my prior car (not on the ST) and sympathize with how annoying it is. Your only options at the time of the issue may be to pump reallllly slowly (no patience for that) or move on. I moved on and didn't have the problem at the next station or other stations in the future. Hope this helps. Let us know how this turns out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts