Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'm all set for April 9-10. Limit Liability of $105.95, paid in full. Can't wait! :yay:

·
Registered
862 Posts
You know, we won't be that far away from the Bonneville Salt Flats either.......

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, flights into SLC are expensive... More so than I thought. I hope that they whip up some sort of discounts but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Just registered for October 10-11. Been waiting for this to open up, but not sure how I will get there yet though...

Also, flights too far in advance never seem to be discounted much, but if you can keep an eye out, sometimes a good deal pops up.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Damn a flight from here is $500, I wonder what a hotel is?
From Metro (DTW) it was closer to $440 for the May time frame, July time frame was closer to $700+ for just the flight though.

The hotels can range from reasonable to obscene depending on where you want to stay and how comfortable a bed you really need/ want, same with the rental car.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'd like to go July 2-3rd but not if the flight is 700!

I'd drive out there before I pay $700 for a flight. That makes it a 2 day trip there and a 2 day trip back (if you can drive 12 hours a day)

·
Registered
903 Posts
Just checked, for July you can fly into Vegas for $450ish and drive the 5 hours. WAAAAY cheaper even if you factor in two extra nights at a hotel and rental.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Right. That's my plan too. Fly into Vegas and drive to Utah. Great way to see the country side.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'd like to go July 2-3rd but not if the flight is 700!

I'd drive out there before I pay $700 for a flight. That makes it a 2 day trip there and a 2 day trip back (if you can drive 12 hours a day)
From Delta directly is quoting closer to $987.80 for a 7/22/14 flight with a 7/24/13 return flight from SLC, so yeah I'd have to pass at that point too or take the mini trip from Las Vegas or something if it's that much cheaper. The rental car was cheaper in SLC, and the flight is about the same as flying to Vegas if booked for May, plus the weather shouldn't be as hot. Otherwise I would have gone for July as well based on that being around my birthday.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I just checked Southwest, during the May time frame I am seeing $184 from Akron, OH (CAK) to SLC. Not bad! For those seeing higher flight prices, give Southwest a look.
That's a one way fare though with your return flight being $280 on the wanna get away fares, that's $464 before getting to the taxes. Delta from DTW to SLC was only $390 round trip for non stop flights before taxes and $44x including taxes and fees for those leaving from this area, so I'm not sure Southwest is that competitive, lol

Oh and looking at their flight for the 2nd doesn't arrive until after 8 pm when the reception was at 6 is nto a good thing either, just saying YMMV, lol.

·
Registered
903 Posts
From Delta directly is quoting closer to $987.80 for a 7/22/14 flight with a 7/24/13 return flight from SLC, so yeah I'd have to pass at that point too or take the mini trip from Las Vegas or something if it's that much cheaper. The rental car was cheaper in SLC, and the flight is about the same as flying to Vegas if booked for May, plus the weather shouldn't be as hot. Otherwise I would have gone for July as well based on that being around my birthday.
I'd be splitting the Rental with a co-worker, so I think the small increase in Rental from Vegas versus SLC is worth the saving on flight.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'd be splitting the Rental with a co-worker, so I think the small increase in Rental from Vegas versus SLC is worth the saving on flight.
I'm not arguing about it, do whatever you feel works best for you, after all it's all about having fun and enjoying the cars. How you get there is less important than the fun had while driving their cars on the track.

I'm pretty much happy with the arrangements I've made, although it is still a fair ways off until my session.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'm not arguing about it, do whatever you feel works best for you, after all it's all about having fun and enjoying the cars. How you get there is less important than the fun had while driving their cars on the track.

I'm pretty much happy with the arrangements I've made, although it is still a fair ways off until my session.
Whose arguing? Just stating an opinion about going in July.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm in for June 12 and 13. This will be my 4th time at Miller. I have done the 2 day Ford Racing School, Boss Track Attack and Attack Guest. When at Miller in Sept. discussed the up coming Octane Academy class plan, should be somewhat different than Track Attack. If you are thinking about this, let me assure you this is the most fun you can have with your cloths on. The instructors are superb, the track is nothing short of awsome and track time........do I have to tell you. If you have never done the Ford Racing School, buy the second day.....drive till you drop using their cars. If you are thinking about dates, spring can have dicy weather, early summer is my preferred, July and August get warm, mid-Sept thru October are great too, weather is relatively mild and not extreme at any time. Have my track tires here in my office, waiting for warm, dry weather and since I live about 250 miles from SLC will be driving the ST there. Just did a 1500 mile trip in my '14 Ingot Silver ST3, fun drive, avg'd 30+ mpg, this car is awsome on the road. Six long months wait, will be worth it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm signed up for May 6-7.
I'm driving down from Saskatchewan so if anyone from Manitoba or Alberta is going let me know; perhaps we can meet up south of the border somewhere. Can't wait!

1 - 20 of 132 Posts