Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
My coolant comes up very quickly - although I think the jury is out as to whether the gauge is lying or not. I've heard some people comment on that. The oil is what takes ages to warm up. And yeah, the block heater would be good, but it's likely to be the kind of thing I'm not going to screw with every night and every morning - I had it in the SVT, used it a couple times, and then quit because it was just a hassle.
The instrument panel coolant temperature gauge lies like a politician. It will point at nominal from around an ECT sensor reading of 50°C (122°F) as shown by running the car with the dash in test mode or monitoring via an accessport or scan tool. The gauge position vs temperature is shown via the i.p. screen. So no neither the oil or coolant warm up quickly in this weather.

·
Registered
66 Posts
so, how does your warranty feel about the remote start addition?
or do the ford techs actually care?
They don't really care about it, the general manager at my local dealer is one of my best costumers (i own a restaurant) so i dont have to worry about my warranty to get voided. I dont even uninstall the AccessPort whenever i bring the car in.

But i dont think any other dealer would have something to say about it, its just a remote starter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a remote starter on mine.
Works good, only thing is that I have to activate it everytime before leaving the car putting it in neutral, handbrake on and leaving the car while still on. Once I shut the door, the car locks, turns off by itself and the Remote starter kicks in.
Only problem with this is that you never want to leave the keys inside and close the door. It will lock you out. Happened twice, good things I had the spare key close by.
what bypass did you have installed? im an installer and a ford mechanic and i cant find one for anything newer than a 13 with push button start

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a company that makes a part for it. You have to add a remote start system but this interface will allow you can do it. The part retails for under $100. It's very safe and doesn't compromise any of the factory security, require you to lose a key, or bypass any safety on the manual transmission on it. I work at a car audio store and will probably be installing it in a few months. The only down side is that if you do an alarm, you can't disarm it from the passive keyless (the button on the door.) You have to use the factory remote itself or an aftermarket remote if you do that. iDatalink - ADS-AL CA

I'm a car audio and alarm installer and just recently purchased a fiesta st 2016. As of right now there are no bypass for the fiesta st. the iDatalink part mention only works with the fiesta standard key, NOT the smartkey. and as you all know the ST only comes with smartkey. As soon as is available I will let you all know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a professional installer. I had a 2015 Fiesta st, it was not supposed to be possible to put a starter in it, as there is no bypass for it. I looked at all the wiring diagrams and figured it out. (I'm a Ford mechanic, so that helped) I had to use a "key-in-a-box" module and sacrifice a key. I also used a fortin bypass for locks, park brake etc. I now have a 2015 focus st. I used an Autostart starter, directed dball2 bypass (program it for a 2014, there isn't one for 15. You'll get everything except the key bypass) then you need a key in a box module. I used a directed 1101t. You will lose a key. This was honestly the worst install I have ever done. But it is possible

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a professional installer. I had a 2015 Fiesta st, it was not supposed to be possible to put a starter in it, as there is no bypass for it. I looked at all the wiring diagrams and figured it out. (I'm a Ford mechanic, so that helped) I had to use a "key-in-a-box" module and sacrifice a key. I also used a fortin bypass for locks, park brake etc. I now have a 2015 focus st. I used an Autostart starter, directed dball2 bypass (program it for a 2014, there isn't one for 15. You'll get everything except the key bypass) then you need a key in a box module. I used a directed 1101t. You will lose a key. This was honestly the worst install I have ever done. But it is possible
Sorry to necro this, but it seems like this is the only forum post I can find online right now that is talking about this issue...
Do you think this type of solution would work for a 2017 FoST? Looked up the 1101t and I understand it just supplies power to the fob when trying to start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been searching all over the forums and not coming up with much on remote starters for the ST. Best Buy is telling me all I need is a bypass module and a remote starter. I'm trying to get an idea of how much money I will have wrapped up in this and if it can actually be done. Are those really the only two major components?

Thanks
You need 2 by-pass modules. One for the manual transmission, and one for the keyless start.

I spent $1000 Canadian installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 28 of 28 Posts