Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any guesses? Any confirmations for pre-lease research?

I'm guessing somewhere close to the standard Foci?

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I haven't seen/heard anything about leasing, assuming they'll even have a lease program for it. I'd imagine the ST is a real wildcard for Ford right now and probably the banks too, so either the leasing offers won't be worth it or there won't be any offers at all, but that's just my prediction.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suspect the larger leasing companies in my area will likely treat it as a more expensive Focus. We'll see...

·
Registered
417 Posts
They will have a lease program I'm willing to bet. They make more money that way :)

Also, I notice the finance calculator on the Ford website to not include the extra fees of tax, title, and reg. I get a much higher rate when I incorporate just the tax on the car finance calculator on cars.com

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
We shall see. You might want to ask that on the Ford ST Facebook page. Lisa Schoder regularly monitors it and usually has some good information about info we don't yet know (but isn't technically embargoed). I know a lot of people consider leasing a cheap way to "own" a car but, as someone who's in a lease right now, it's more trouble than it's worth. For example, I can't take a summer vacation this year because my car's already over on its mileage.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Im sure leasing will be an option.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We shall see. You might want to ask that on the Ford ST Facebook page. Lisa Schoder regularly monitors it and usually has some good information about info we don't yet know (but isn't technically embargoed). I know a lot of people consider leasing a cheap way to "own" a car but, as someone who's in a lease right now, it's more trouble than it's worth. For example, I can't take a summer vacation this year because my car's already over on its mileage.
Thanks for the FB tip! May do that. This will be my first experimentation with leasing. It saves me cash out of pocket since I end up turning over my vehicle every 3-4 years anyway. Leasing, for now, is a pretty good deal for me. As the economy recovers (hopefully), it may eventually be smarter for me to buy again.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Leasing, for now, is a pretty good deal for me. As the economy recovers (hopefully), it may eventually be smarter for me to buy again.
This was exactly my thought process as well, but it didn't turn out as well as I thought it would. The mileage restrictions ended up being too much and I didn't take that into account.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This was exactly my thought process as well, but it didn't turn out as well as I thought it would. The mileage restrictions ended up being too much and I didn't take that into account.
Definitely something I'll consider. Thank you for the input/warning. If I do lease, I'll make sure I buffer the mileage restrictions properly, or just pay the overage. I don't think I'm going to exceed it greatly.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My leasing guy says probably next week for initial residuals, but worst-case scenario, two weeks. Just an FYI for those considering this path.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just wanted to bump and let anyone following (doesn't look like too many of you) know that my leasing co. says still no numbers yet. This was as of last week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts