Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I picked up the ST last week, I ordered a set of Husky Liners for the whole car - fronts, rears and trunk liner. I want to keep her clean from day 1!

Vendor:

- I ordered it from AutoAnything - they had free fedex overnight shipping and a I had a 10% discount coupon to use. I found them the cheapest here. Amazon was the same, but my 10% coupon helped make it the cheapest.
- I wanted to ensure the trunk liner was new style and better fitting. I talked to a sales rep via live chat who assured me it would be.
- I was sent the invoice immediately after I ordered it.
- Tracking # was sent overnight.

Smooth transaction overall!

Packaging:

- Came in sturdy boxes straight from Husky liners.
- They did not have any clear plastic bags protecting them.
- Instructions were thrown in the box and all crumpled at the bottom. Not a big deal, but just being transparent.

Initial impressions:

- I am used to having Weathertech and I wanted to try something else for a change.
- I was nervous about the quality, but I am impressed so far.
- It's much lighter and thinner than the Weathertech. But, it does have a lifetime warranty. So, I will see what happens.

Fitment:

- I test fitted the front mats first. They fit really well. The dead pedal coverage is great which I know something weathertech does not do. They still need to lay better on the edges.
- The rears were next. They fit well, but the piece over the hump seems slightly larger from side to side and also somewhat wider front to back. When putting it in, it started to rub up against the rear of the center console. When I installed it, it seemed to tuck in under it, actually. Unsure if this is the designed idea or just how they fit. Maybe it will lay better when its warmed up and taken final shape. This is minor as I am pretty picky.
- I was least impressed with the rear mats. Even after trimming it up, it does not seem to be designed fully and go to the trunk edges tightly. I will rarely put anything there, but still think the weathertech may have been a better option for the trunk.

Pictures:

I took some pictures of them right out of the box. They came rolled up, so I took them out of the box and snapped the pictures. I am letting them form into shape overnight per the instructions.

Installed pictures:

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have had them in my car for about 5 months. They are great with nasty winter roads and have great coverage. I thought about taking them out for the summer, but decided against it, since they do such a good job keeping dirt and sand out of the carpet.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I will rarely put anything there
I see you have full leather. Use the trunk or floors as much as you can for storing anything other than bums. My experience has been that the Recaro front and Ford backseat leather is very easily creased and punctured. Do not put anything sharp-ish on the leather as it will likely permanently mar the surface like happened to me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I do. I plan to be very careful alright. I do agree about the leather quality. I notice my driver bolster already wrinkling. :( Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts