Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Nice to see that someone, and technophiles at that, are giving a thumbs up to the new system.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Nice find. :thumb:

MFT is not a bad system now by any means, it just had its share of new technology woes early on like almost everything else out there. Just hoping most of the few remaining stability issues are ironed out before the 2013 cars with MFT systems are delivered.

I wish they used another company to design the software though, Microsoft isn't exactly known for getting things right on the first try.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah for sure. It was a good article and informative. I'm kind of hoping that when the ST comes out it might have some upgrades to the sync system after having another year of use in the '12 focus.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
I have MFT in both my Explorer and my Focus. Both have been updated to the newest system. Both work well. There are still some bugs but I'd say it works like it should 90% of the time and when errors do occur, I can correct those errors quickly.

Sometimes the error is with the device I'm pairing with, not MFT.

·
Registered
241 Posts
For the intro I had to the MFT+nav system I was pretty impressed. I also felt the nav worked better than I expected. Mind you, I gave the MFT system about a 20-30 minute test run and did not have a phone paired or USB drive installed for music.

One thing I don't like that I hope can change, on the steering wheel controls on the right side, the center button changed audio inputs which I did not like. I would like to re-map that button to something else.... possibly a mute or something (admit I do not recall if there was a specific mute button other than volume up/down).

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
No mute button that I am aware of. That little center button is a PITA. If you hit it by mistake you jump to the next media source. Can be jarring at times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts