Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
I would be very surprised to see Roush do anything with the ST. Not saying it won't happen, I would just be surprised. I could see them adding a LSD, a larger turbo and probably bigger brakes and different suspension etc. I'm sure it would make all the track guys happy. It would probably also cost an extra $5-10k too.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would be very surprised to see Roush do anything with the ST. Not saying it won't happen, I would just be surprised. I could see them adding a LSD, a larger turbo and probably bigger brakes and different suspension etc. I'm sure it would make all the track guys happy. It would probably also cost an extra $5-10k too.
Yeah I would be surprised too.

“We’re excited about our concept vehicle here at SEMA, and the initial feedback from consumers and our dealers has been very positive. The enhancements to the body components and overall styling have been a big hit with the SEMA crowd. We’re continuing to finalize our program offering, and we plan an announcing availability in early 2012.”
Yet no pricing yet...I wonder if they bagged it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Can't take my eyes off those brakes, I would love to have high performance brakes on my ST just because the larger calipers look phenomenal when painted well like that. Anyone know if Brembo has a set out for the Focus yet? I've never upgraded my calipers before but have replaced them so I know how to tackle that job. But the ST will have larger brakes then my current Titanium so maybe that'll suffice.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't take my eyes off those brakes, I would love to have high performance brakes on my ST just because the larger calipers look phenomenal when painted well like that. Anyone know if Brembo has a set out for the Focus yet? I've never upgraded my calipers before but have replaced them so I know how to tackle that job. But the ST will have larger brakes then my current Titanium so maybe that'll suffice.
Yeah, I love those rims too. I wish they'd at least come out with these parts!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
OK... I am looking at things and it actually seems LESS powerful than the stock ST..
I dont fall in love with something because there is a famous name on it. I am not being problematic but I just not feeling the good-happy off of Roush here.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Estimated Output: 230HP/210ft.lbs.
Yeah, this concept doesn't really make any sense in the context of the Focus ST. I guess this article is a little dated. I wonder if Roush still has something in the works.. maybe they will take their planned suspension/brake package but throw in an ST block and retune that instead?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well Roush almost never goes and modifies the top tier performance vehicle(only what 6 Roush Terminators were made) most of their cars are modified GT's(for the Mustang) so I see them doing their classic 3 stages. Stage 1 being a regular Focus with a body kit(and wheels), CAI, Exhaust, and a slight tune. Stage 2 would be all of Stage 1 plus a full suspension. Stage 3 being the Stage 2 with that supercharger. This would have it tiered just how the Roush Mustangs are and none of them reaching the top tier Mustang level powerwise so I don't see them trying to compete with the ST powerwise, atleast not getting really close to the same power level.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts