Ford Focus ST Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
VERY NICE! Got 2 questions for you. How did you do it? What was involved?

Side note: Can you upload the ST wallpaper you are using?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
VERY NICE! Got 2 questions for you. How did you do it? What was involved?

Side note: Can you upload the ST wallpaper you are using?
The wrap job wasn't a giant effort. Anyone with a bit of time, patience, an exacto knife and a hair dryer can do it. :)

I used 3M Di-NOC CA-421, just cut it to a general size so there's overhang, stick it on, and go little by little with a hair dryer. The material softens up so you can mold it into gaps and around edges. A little trimming, more heat, more trimming.. When it cools it hardens like real carbon fiber. Great stuff! There are guides on youtube that I would suggest watching before diving in to it yourself.

Here's the ST wallpaper.

http://fordstnation.com/attachments...7-myford-touch-wallpapers-right-here-st-1.jpg

Found it in this thread, there are a few others that might interest you

http://fordstnation.com/focus-st-interior/1779-myford-touch-wallpapers-right-here.html

·
Registered
130 Posts
Awesome wrap job. I want to do the silver around the side vents. Were did you get the film from?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey, thanks! Sorry for the slow reply.

The film came from MetroRestyling.com, by way of Amazon.

Amazon.com: Black 3M DI-NOC Carbon Fiber DINOC Flex Wrap CA-421 24"x12": Automotive
Tim, thanks for posting this. I am hoping to follow your lead - I miss the faux CF trim I had in my Prelude. That was a factory option, although I installed all the panels myself. I just hope it comes out as nice and clean as yours did. Any special tricks?

Now just to receive my ST3... 5 months and still waiting.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Tim that looks great! I should hire you to do mine! Dang.. Did you get one of those trim removal tools or something to get them out?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Just ordered some of the film, I feel like a copy cat, but I couldn't resist it looks to frekin cool!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Did u remove the pieces to apply the film

YellowfocusSTman

·
Registered
84 Posts
Really great work on the trim... I don't think I have the patience or the skill to do it though... you should see how badly i butchered the window film to keep the cold air out of the house...shudder... :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Awesome wrap job. I want to do the silver around the side vents. Were did you get the film from?
Auto Vinyl Solutions also has a great selection. That's where I intend to get mine from. They also have carbon fiber vinyl in colors as well. I think I'll just stick with the 3M Di-Noc for now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, Im not entirely sure, but I am pretty confident I am now the new owner of this Focus ST. Bought it from a fella named Austin out of Shelby Township, who had just purchased it from the original owner in November at 49,000 miles. I am located in Port Huron, MI. It has that same keychain, the same carbon fiber wrapping (also on the door handles on interior, looks very tastefully done), and came with a set of winter rims/tires and a Cobb AP, original window sticker, etc. ST2. If this isnt the ST in this forum, its an exact duplicate. Minimal hood gap as well.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts